Customer Service 866.965.0400

Radiator hoses, ect. in the engine compartment

2Fords

Question

Wll just brought home a 2008 GT500,white,stripe delete, convert, mustang this weekend. It has 1500 miles on it! THe owner took great care of it he was just worried about getting the engine wet. He never cleaned it at all(well maybe a wipe down or two. The problem it all the hoses look like they have "tire bloom". I used APC on them but there is still alot of film on them any esier way?  Thanks. Al

14 answers to this question

Maybe try some type of tire cleaner.  I had the same issue with the tires on my wife's Terrain. Been using APC full strength and scrubbing them with a brush and getting poor results.

So I bought some of the same tire cleaner that I started using in the 70s and they looked great the first cleaning and have stayed that way.  Then follow up with VRT which is great stuff.

After cleaning with APC dress all the rubber and plastics in engine compartment  with VRT and In & Out spray.

I agree.  The VRT is great for the larger areas and the In and Out for anywhere you need it.  

Wll just brought home a 2008 GT500,white,stripe delete, convert, mustang this weekend. It has 1500 miles on it! THe owner took great care of it he was just worried about getting the engine wet. He never cleaned it at all(well maybe a wipe down or two. The problem it all the hoses look like they have "tire bloom". I used APC on them but there is still alot of film on them any esier way?  Thanks. Al

use bleach white by black magic, its seriously the only stuff I've found to remove tire bloom

6 minutes ago, Twilcox said:

What areas do you apply the VRT on the engine and what areas do you apply the In and Out spray?

Woah way to bring up a 3 year old thread lol. But usually, VRT goes on any area you can reach by hand with an applicator. In-and-out sprays in the hard to reach areas.

9 minutes ago, Twilcox said:

I was looking up information and this thread popped up. Thanks for you response. One last question. Does VRT and In and Out look the same when applied?

Yes I'd say they do, that is even in some of the Adam's youtube videos showing you can use it where vrt cant get. Both need wiped down with a rag if possible.

@Twilcox, @Devon527 has you pretty well covered. Only thing I'd add is I don't wipe down either the VRT or In & Out after applying. Wiping down either will knock down some of the sheen, though, if that's your preference. They look essentially the same when first applied. Think of In & Out as an aerosol VRT, so apply it wherever you can't easily reach with VRT. You can do the entire engine bay in In & Out, too, if you'd like. Here are some videos (one from earlier version, one current).