Customer Service 866.965.0400

Checkin' in from CT

Murk Mags

Hello all, I'm a new member from CT, ironically called the "Constitution State". I plan on moving south when I graduate nursing school. One more year woo-hoo! Anyhoo, I recently found Adam's Polishes thru the site myg37.com. I drive a black 2013 G37xS. I've never owned a black car before, but they look the best IMO when they're done up. A little hard to keep clean, especially with pollen and dust this time of year. I ordered the leather conditioner and the hex applicator recently and am impressed with the quality of the products. I'm looking to do a paint correction on the car due to some swirls and minor scratches. My next purchase is a porter cable RO buffer. I can do my car, my family's, and maybe earn some money on the side doing other people's cars.

Anyway, Thanks to all that have served America on this Memorial Day :patriot: . Another reason I like Adam's Polishes is the USA craftmanship. I'd rather pay a couple bucks extra for a quality USA made product that keeps American companies in business rather than a foreign co. Anyway, looking forward to learning some vital info on proper car care from the members here. Glad to be apart of the site!

-Mark 

post-14495-0-85128500-1464616567_thumb.jpg

post-14495-0-13699900-1464616708_thumb.jpg

Edited by Murk Mags

Welcome Mark,

Nice looking G37xS, and your comments on black and pollen this time of year are spot on. 

More work to keep them looking their best, but nothing is more spectacular than a shiny black car when clean.

:welcome:

Welcome Mark!

Rinseless Wash is your friend for pollen season (and pretty much the rest of the year too).  Once you get it mastered, you can wash and dry you car in less than 30 minutes.

Would you recommend rinseless wash or waterless wash for pollen and light dust?

Would you recommend rinseless wash or waterless wash for pollen and light dust?

Personally I prefer Rinseless, and washing with water.  With Waterless I am bad about not using a clean side of the towel for each panel.

Welcome.

Where about in CT. I am in Meriden.

The dirty water, AKA the beautiful city of Waterbury :) Josh, have you been to the Corvette store in CT? They supposedly sell Adam's Polishes according to the dealer locator. I'd love to check it out if they do. 

Ahh yes. Waterbury. 20 minutes away.

Your are super close to the Corvette Store and More. I have been 2 times. Nice guy.

He does have Adams stuff. Sells for the same price as the website. He has majority of the products. Might not be the "newest" release of some products but it's obviously still good. I have not asked him any questions about the products because I have already did the research of what I wanted thought the Adams website or these forums.

Welcome Mark ..from Mark!  Im also from CT the so called "Constitution State" (My ***)   :lol:

The PC is a decent machine for the money but you will eventually want to move up. I have the Flex & the PC.  

I also use rinseless.  IMO cannot go wrong with either one.  If you want I will give you a bottle of waterless to try out.

You're really going to like using Adams.

Welcome Mark ..from Mark!  Im also from CT the so called "Constitution State" (My ***)   :lol:

The PC is a decent machine for the money but you will eventually want to move up. I have the Flex & the PC.  

I also use rinseless.  IMO cannot go wrong with either one.  If you want I will give you a bottle of waterless to try out.

You're really going to like using Adams.

Ahh! I just ordered it 15 min ago! Thanks for the offer! Not often you find friendly people in CT either :0

How much faster is the flex compared to the PC? I'd only be doing my car and maybe 3-4 others (family, trust me, they will make me do it after they see the results). Is it worth splurging a little more for the flex?

Ahh! I just ordered it 15 min ago! Thanks for the offer! Not often you find friendly people in CT either :0

How much faster is the flex compared to the PC? I'd only be doing my car and maybe 3-4 others (family, trust me, they will make me do it after they see the results). Is it worth splurging a little more for the flex?

No problem! Cant beat the price with their gallon on sale.

Yeah I agree about finding friendlies around our parts ..few us are still lingering around ..LOL!

Honestly Mark ..I noticed a big difference after I upgraded. I used to be one that used a dewalt polisher back in the day but today I rather be using the new orbitals. I also used a Rupes ..the Rupes is also an awesome machine.  I dont think Adams sells the Flex anymore and honestly the Rupes is a better machine. IMO they reduced the time in half compared to the PC. 

I've been detailing as a hobby on the side since 1995.  

Edited by Mongosg8

I might have to splurge a little bit. Cutting time in half is a pretty big deal. If it was like 10-20 min I'd say ehh.. but damn. This will be my first random orbital and from what I understand, the learning curve isn't big. Is it recommended for a beginner to start on a PC or does it really matter as long as it's a RO? I know rotary have a learning curve but are much faster.

Thanks!

Hey Mark (Murk Mags),

Another option you should consider for a polisher would be the Cyclo!

The larger pads on the Rupes may not allow you to reach all the areas you need to do so correctly, and then a smaller version of the Rupes (Mini) takes care of them.

The Cyclo uses dual 4" pads, very user friendly, not as fast at correcting, may take 2 to 3 additional passes on "hammered" paint, but offers you the ability to turn or rotate the machine to get into the smaller, more difficult to reach areas the larger pad machines don't.

Search the forums here, there is a lot of information on the polishers and they all have their benefits, but all have limitations too!

Edited by rkj4243

Mark, correct understanding of the Cyclo!

Remember that to choose the "best polisher for your needs" may be different than someone who details for a living, or speed in correction would be the most important feature.

If you are only going to do a few cars, a few times a year, the Cyclo would more than fit the bill to satisfy your needs, and wouldn't make the purchase of additional polishers necessary.

This coming from an individual who does polish more than a few vehicles, has more than one polisher, but still reaches for the Cyclo more than the others due to the ease of use, and the final results it provides.

I guess my main factor would be speed and ease of use for a novice. I don't think I'll need something "top of the line" since it will only be used for a few cars. Maybe two paint corrections in a year and waxing/sealant every other month. Would a used Cyclo be recommended? There are a few pawn shops in the area I can check out. Thanks for all your input. It was def a good move joining these forums.