Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing towels

JeremyBlake

Question

I know the steps for washing the single/double/triple soft towels, but I've not really read anything on washing the great white drying towels. Do you wash them the same way as the others?

Also, before washing the single/double/triple softs, is it safe to use all purpose cleaner to loosen up any stains?

17 answers to this question

I wash my drying towels and similar towels separately.  Not with my single, double, or triple softs.  

What Rich stated. Take care of these double softs.. you do not want to contaminate them knowing that these are used on the paint. 

Edited by Mongosg8

All my waffle weaves are washed together (4 Great Whites and about 20 16X24 towels) and my plushes are washed together (Doubles, edgeless, pluffle).  

I only wash colors separate when they are new. I haven't had any issue with bleeding.

All my towels are washed together, with the only exception being those I use HGG with.

Rinse them each out with clear water

Pre soak in a wash tub in the garage covering them completely with water and an ounce or two of MRB for at least an hour

Wring each one out

Off to the washing machine, all towels together, none separated out, none.

The microfiber's I use for HGG I wash by hand.

Stupid question....Why?

Paul

I rinse all my towels out then allow them to soak for an hour in warm water and a bit of Microfiber Revitalizer and Brightener. The HGG doesn't rinse out, so when they're in the wash tub soaking with my other towels the Sealant is being distributed to all the others. Throw the mix into the washing machine and everything has a pretty equal amount of HGG in/on them.

Two to four towels, it's easy enough to just wash them by hand in a bucket.

Dave, what process do you follow for hand-washing your G&G towels?

Just wondering if you find it easy to get the product off the towels washing them by hand in a bucket.

I would like to give this a try instead of machine washing (since I only have 4 G&G towels) but don't want to sit there for too long trying to rinse the G&G out.

Thanks.

The HGG can do a number on towels.  When I started using HGG, I was using Double Softs.  After a few applications, they were pretty well shot.  I soaked them in a bit of MFR and hot water for a few hours and this is what I came back to:

gallery_5814_33_1009866.jpg

Soak away - it pulled all of that out of the towels!

The HGG can do a number on towels. When I started using HGG, I was using Double Softs. After a few applications, they were pretty well shot. I soaked them in a bit of MFR and hot water for a few hours and this is what I came back to:

gallery_5814_33_1009866.jpg

Soak away - it pulled all of that out of the towels!

So did the soaking method save the towels? Curious bc I love h20 GG but have noticed the towels becoming hydrophobic (think that's the right word) and not soaking up liquid's at all, have also seen a few threads on here recently concerning this issue as well.

So did the soaking method save the towels? Curious bc I love h20 GG but have noticed the towels becoming hydrophobic (think that's the right word) and not soaking up liquid's at all, have also seen a few threads on here recently concerning this issue as well.

By soaking the towels much more of the HGG will be able to be pulled from the towel when washing them. Two things I'd strongly recommend though.

1.) Dedicate a couple/few towels to being only used to level/even out HGG.

2.) Wash these HGG dedicated towels separately, preferably by hand.

The towels I use to buff off/dry the applied HGG have not seemed to have any issues and are not dedicated to this purpose. They are washed along with all my other microfiber towels.

Yes, soaking saved the towels. They were getting pretty hydrophobic, but now, while stained, are back to normal. That soak came after a few uses of hgg, I think I'll soak every time now.

Will definitely try soaking them next time, along with dedicating a few gray towels to strictly h20 use. Some older blue towels that I have used h20 gg with a bit don't soak up liquids period. I can toss them in a bucket of water and they just float, even holding them down in the water doesn't get the towel soaking wet