Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning very dirty door jambs

ian51279

Question

I recently picked up a 2013 Mustang from San Angelo, TX and it doesn't look like the door jambs were ever wiped down.  The trunk jamb looks like the bottom side of a 4x4 pickup, I'm going to have to use the shop-vac to get most of the dirt out of there. 

Is there a preferred/best/easiest way to get these jambs clean?  I wiped out what I could from the door jambs from this weekends detail but some dirt still remains.  I see waterless and rinseless washes, would either of these do the trick or should I just go full on APC?

Edited by ian51279

8 answers to this question

I would go with waterless, but I say that because I have not used rinseless yet. If rinseless is diluted properly to make waterless, the consensus here on the forums is they are about the same. Others will chime in that have used rinseless.

I have used a good soaking with Diluted Rinsless and then just used a really nappy towel (borderless grey work for me) and I use those in a 5gal of rinseless wash. Barely used any pressure on it and didnt make a long pass on them either. Worked well for me, but I was very carefull about how much dirt i was picking up in each fold of the towel. 

I do them last, use the soapy water from my wash, an old wash pad to agitate the soap and clean the area, maybe a soft brush and to rinse I have a pressurized garden sprayer with clean water, so as not to soak the interior. I will dry and wipe down with detail spray, they will get waxed once a year.