Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hot Rod Power Tour 2016

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share Adam's and my short experience on Hot Rod Power Tour this year.  Adam and I went into the event with only the notion that we should go and experience the tour ourselves.  This recommendation came from our good friends and loyal customers, Sydney and Randy Weaver who own Weaver Customs.  They do amazing work and I encourage everyone in the world to check out their work. (https://www.instagram.com/weavercustoms/)  If you are not familiar with their work, they like to put very powerful diesel engines into customized classic cars plus a lot of other amazing custom creations.  Last year they received a lot of notoriety for the build they did of a '62 Ford Unibody with a twin turbo Cummins Diesel called, "Django." Amazing truck and one of my favorite builds I've ever seen!

DJANGO_zpszshdtcoa.jpg

IMG_9776_zpschtu1qvm.jpg

With the recommendation that Adam's Polishes participates in the Hot Rod Power Tour from the Weaver's, Adam wanted to be able to have a hot rod to drive in the event.  With Adam's experience and great taste in cars, he chose something that is understated but really cool.  He found a '63 Chevy Suburban that used to be a school bus for rural Arizona.  He purchased the Suburban and had it shipped directly to our headquarters.  Here is the video of the first time the team at Adam's saw the Suburban and took it for a stroll around the business park.

The Suburban wasn't in ideal driving condition to do a multi state trip with Hot Rod Power Tour so the car was sent to the Weaver's to put in a new LS3 Motor, new suspension, new exhaust, new wheels and new brakes.  Also new digital gauges were added to make sure we knew fuel level and heat while driving long distances. (suspension by Ride Tech, Wheels by Detroit Steel Wheel Co., Gauges by Dakota Digital and build by Weaver Customs.)  The truck was finished just in time for Pilot Transport to pick it up and ship it to Gonzales LA, for delivery on Hot Rod Power Tour.  Adam and I met AGNS there and did the first leg of the tour, driving to Baytown TX.  From there the Weaver's continued on with the Suburban and took it the distance of the tour.  I talked to Sydney after they finished in Kansas City and she told me AGNS was amazing, not giving them any trouble along the way and rode amazing.  We are very thankful to all that contributed to the creation of AGNS. It is a wonderful car to drive now with all new everything. Because of the time crunch the paint stayed original and most of the interior stayed original which is less then perfect hence the name: All Go No Show!  Below is the video and a series of photos from Adam's and my experience on a short lived stint on Hot Rod Power Tour 2016.  We had a great time and am looking forward to next year.  I hope you all enjoy.

IMG_2207_zpswywc5swj.jpg

IMG_2198_zpsmdi7e8il.jpg

IMG_2190_zpsx8zacpln.jpg

Attachment-1_zps9wwshx7k.jpeg

IMG_2146_zpsi2v5c6sx.jpg

IMG_2135_zpskcbbjhvt.jpg

IMG_2113_zpsbohgmc1n.jpg

IMG_5525_zpsmzhithck.jpg

AGNS-2_zpsw6c7dioc.jpg

IMG_5519-2_zpsscaux648.jpg

IMG_5468_zpsloj4m2l9.jpg

IMG_5494_zpsnhffzwxv.jpg

IMG_5501_zps6jjhhfdq.jpg

IMG_5511_zps5gkh18uo.jpg

IMG_5467-2_zpsoemznnmy.jpg

IMG_5466-2_zpsm5wdnbv3.jpg

IMG_5463-2_zpsvx0mcm9x.jpg

IMG_5462-2_zpsmmyfc76k.jpg

IMG_5458_zpsmwqbn2tc.jpg

IMG_5453_zpstrdk5mf3.jpg

IMG_5451_zpsiu08fgln.jpg

IMG_5450_zps4s600gw3.jpg

IMG_5448_zpspkip5sh3.jpg

IMG_5446-2_zpsxs9qkekj.jpg

IMG_5394-2_zpsmrgusjkl.jpg

IMG_5390-2_zpsava2bmgr.jpg

IMG_5378_zpszowogjkf.jpg

IMG_5376_zpsmsznml0a.jpg

IMG_5375-2_zps2ivmq6o9.jpg

IMG_5354-2_zpsgtbj0tpl.jpg

IMG_5350-2_zps1ty4azik.jpg

IMG_5349_zpsddunbkkm.jpg

IMG_5347-2_zpsgq4j0u6q.jpg

IMG_5334-2_zpsqvfur8ve.jpg

IMG_5330_zps4hbdjmcz.jpg

IMG_5321_zpsbakvmmop.jpg

IMG_5317_zpsncvtypvc.jpg

IMG_5315_zps6xrmjgdc.jpg

IMG_5311_zpsorqcjzal.jpg

IMG_5313_zpsnjzcqwr7.jpg

IMG_5308_zpsmytdzd8z.jpg

IMG_5302-2_zpsl02osa8w.jpg

IMG_5299_zps5pzddvbd.jpg

IMG_5296-2_zpsc4plc5yy.jpg

Edited by Joe@Adams

That was a great post!  Looks like one heck of a lot of fun.  Out of all of them, I liked the picture of the guy sitting on the porch watching the cars go by.  While all of you were having fun, his life probably consists of what he was doing in that picture. That probably made his year. 

All that work on the Suburban with a new motor and NO AC??   :lolsmack:   

Thanks for sharing your pics with the rest of us poor schmucks who can only imagine.   :2thumbs:

Windows man Windows. Nothing better than the cool breeze coming in while you drive. 

You didn't notice that the only windows that go down are the driver and front passenger doors and that they all had cooling towels on and their tongues were hanging out ??   :lolsmack:   Check out the video at around 1:38.   :lolsmack:

You didn't notice that the only windows that go down are the driver and front passenger doors and that they all had cooling towels on and their tongues were hanging out ??   :lolsmack:   Check out the video at around 1:38.   :lolsmack:

Saw em, im still a fan of windows. Make those back ones pop open and youll get a great breeze, of course that means more mods but still why have it if you cant mod it. 

Saw em, im still a fan of windows. Make those back ones pop open and youll get a great breeze, of course that means more mods but still why have it if you cant mod it. 

Since it had been a school bus before, I'm not sure that the back ones  pop open, but you're right.  I'm mod the He** out of that thing.  Really cool.

I can say windows do almost nothing in my ls1 sonoma mini truck on the past 2 rally events I did with no A/C...sitting around in traffic like a lot of these types of events, you get zero airflow. Combine that with engine and header heat blowing into the cab from the dash and floor vents in 100-110 F days in Savannah (or Louisiana in this case) and that can quickly make the cab temperature feel more like 140 F. I had towels soaked in ice coolers on my head and neck, a spray bottle full of ice water, and a turbo fan blowing from a power inverter and that still wasn't enough to keep me cool and I had to pull over a few times for fear of passing out from the heat.

Luckily I just got the a/c swap system in my truck finally working this Saturday with the help of some friends...I was ready to sell the truck but now I appreciate it even more since I can drive it comfortably :)