Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint correction how often?

clg82

Question

I have a garage queen that I only drive on the weekends and when it's not raining.  I did the whole adams APC/claybar/paint correction/sealant/etc......in between full 2 bucket washes with the foam gun I use waterless wash as well as a coat of Americana and or brilliant glaze depending on my mood and the car looks amazing.....so now to my question how often are you doing a paint correction on your garage queens?  how often are you claybarring?  how often should I be doing the process all over again from start to finish on my garage queen?  thanks for any help!

16 answers to this question

Theoretically you should NEVER have to correct again.

However - in the real world - it's completely up to you. I used to do a full correction twice each year on my weekender but I found it to be unnecessary. I now  do it yearly and fix spots when needed.

Check your car out every time it's out in the sun.  If you see swirls or other problems correct them.

Do the "baggie test" after you wash every few months. If your paint is rough then clay.

Your car does not have to be on a schedule.

On my quasi daily driver, I correct and clay once a year. I may touch up a few spots here and there throughout the year if they bug me.

On your garage queen I say once a year is more than enough, maybe even longer if the swirls stay away from it

On my quasi daily driver, I correct and clay once a year. I may touch up a few spots here and there throughout the year if they bug me.

On your garage queen I say once a year is more than enough, maybe even longer if the swirls stay away from it

What would you say I use to "enhance" the shine between washing then?

If using proper washing technique then, as other have already stated, once a year or every other year. Those quick wiped owns with DS here and there and even with the best wash technique you are still touching the paint so there is opportunity to induce some swirls. My last vette went 3 years between polishing once., and it didn't really need it, i just wanted to do it lol

So once you have the paint where you want it just do your normal washing and waxing and you should be good for a long while.

Unless it's black then the job is never finished lol

Anold ride, gone but not forgotten

DSC_2454-L.jpg

My Firebird got corrected once, and is washed 2-3 times over the course of 8 months. She's driven 2-3 times a month, and I use a pressure washer to get all the heavy dust (is that even possible) off before any soap hits it.

I always strip before polishing. (Clean it up, sicko.)

If polishing entire car - full strip wash.

If spot polishing - I strip with isopropyl alcohol.

what is the point of polishing?  just too bring the finish back to a shiny look after the correction?  and than the Americana and brilliant glaze just enhance it?

Chris Like mentioned once you correct your paint and you are doing correct 2 bucket washes and ww wipe downs with the proper WW MF towels you may go a few years before you have to do any paint correction and even then you just may need to go over with the White pad & PFP. Hope this helps.

What would you say I use to "enhance" the shine between washing then?

If you have a light coloured vehicle (white I guess?) then H2O or rinseless wash are my favorite products to add high gloss to the paint.

Edited by AvsBest