Customer Service 866.965.0400

LPS on Matte Finish Wheels??

cato

Question

So I recently used LPS on my summer wheels. They are a satin black finish and look phenomenal.

I am picking up an inexpensive set of new wheels for winter months. These are a black matte finish.

Can I use LPS on a matte finish wheel also? Looking to add some protection to them from road chemicals and salt during the winter months.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Yup, LPS works fine on matte finishes.  As Roger mentioned, they will have a little "sheen" to them but it's not going to turn them gloss black or anything crazy.  I think I would recommend HGG during your wash routine.  Less work and good protection.

Of course, the whole purpose of winter wheels is to let them take the brunt of winter and keep your nice wheels nice!  I do seasonal swaps on two of my vehicles and rarely give them a thorough cleaning.....I just hit them with APC and Wheel Cleaner a couple of times per season and then when they're off the car, I hit the barrels to get them ready for next year.  

Excellent! I'm fine with a little sheen.

Thanks guys.

Hey Cato do you have any before and after pictures of the wheels and LPS? I just ordered some Matte black wheels to replace some Matte black ones I already have