Customer Service 866.965.0400

Storing products

RAMblin1217

Question

I have already searched the forums, and read over a few threads but haven't really found a definite answer to my question. I live in Indiana, hot humid summers, cold winters. My garage is not heated or air conditioned, however it never gets super cold or super warm. I read you don't want to subject products to extreme heat or cold temperatures, perfectly logical. I am however seeing a lot of pictures of products being stored in garages or cabinets in garages. I like having my products all in the garage near my truck or jeep so I don't have to lug stuff through the house. So my question is...if I'm using my products at a more than average speed than most people, can I get away with having them in the garage in a cabinet? The other option is on a workbench in the shadiest part of the garage. Obviously if this is not okay my OCD will kick in and I'll go crazy finding a good place for them in the house. I already tried a closet near the garage but it looks super weird to me and is pretty inconvenient. Thanks all!

9 answers to this question

You may have seen some photos of mine in a garage cabinet or shelf and I live in Northern Illinois. Just because they are there in the pictures doesn't mean that they stay there. I have posted pictures like that before but I always bring my stuff inside in the winter. 

I'm in Texas (hot and cold extremes) and I keep ALMOST all of my Adam's product in the metal, non-insulated garage year around and have only had one bottle failure (Leather and Interior Cleaner - years ago).  BTW:  It was 114d out there the other afternoon....

The products I keep in my office include aerosol products, clay, Americana and Patriot Wax,  all polishes (metal and paint), Liquid Paint Sealant, Leather Conditioner and sVRT.  Basically - any "creamy" products. I keep those in a little "tote" that is easy to carry out to the garage when needed.

Works great for me.

@kingsford I wasn't bashing anyone or anything...didn't see yours specifically, just truly trying to figure out what to do. I doubt I'd leave them out there in Winter also, but during wash season I'd like to keep them out in the garage. It appears that's okay as long as I don't leave wax or sealants out with them. I was thinking of coating the cabinet with something to help with temps.

Edited by RAMblin1217

I keep thinking about this everytime I move my stuff in and out (one day I will just leave them in the house lol); we try to control OUR storage solutions but what about shipping during the extreme months? I don't know the average shipping time but it takes at least a week for my Adam's shipments to get to SC. I know this doesnt compare to months of cold or hot but the product is still experiencing these temp. changes. How much does it really affect them? I accidentally left my PS out in my shed all summer. I recently used it on my truck and I didn't notice any significant change.

Having said that, I still try to keep my waxes, polishes, and creams inside.

@kingsford I wasn't bashing anyone or anything...didn't see yours specifically, just truly trying to figure out what to do. I doubt I'd leave them out there in Winter also, but during wash season I'd like to keep them out in the garage. It appears that's okay as long as I don't leave wax or sealants out with them. I was thinking of coating the cabinet with something to help with temps.

Never thought you were bashing anyone. I just figured you had seen pictures in other threads and I know I had some in there somewhere.