Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applicator Pads Stitching

Ject

Question

I was just curious if anyone has used the "Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads" and had problems with the stitching on them?

My first use of the item to apply revive polish ended up poping the stitching after only doing the hood and 1 panel on the side of my truck. I used another for the buttery wax and its stitching poped as well about half way through. I used a 3rd one for the Brilliant Spray Glaze and again the stitching come undone but not until the very end.

Now, I can redo the stitching no problem.. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

22 answers to this question

Yeah, The older ones seemed to be more of an over lay and then stitched. The newer ones are thicker and spread the stitching out a bit more.

Like I said though, it's only happened to one of the four I use.

This was the first time I had used them (bought them last week, never used). I just started using Adams products this week and love the products. I'll toss an E-mail their way and see if I need to just re-stitch them up.

Sorry to hear defective applicators found their way to you! Things happen, and these pads are made for us by the thousands, and typically, hold up well. Still, they are made by humans, and therefore, this can happen!

We have a 110% unconditional lifetime guarantee on everything we sell, so if you ever have a problem, just shoot us an email of give us a call!

Tips@AdamsPolishes.com or toll free: 866-965-0400

We'll replace your pads immediately, and even expedite the shipment if you need them quick!

Please shoot me an email Patrick, and I'll personally get your pads replaced, immediately:

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Thanks, and again, I apologize that we sent you defective pads!

-Adam:thumbsup:

I had one come loose. I re-stitched it with fishing line. The other two are doing fine.

NO!! Throw it away! That fishing line will scratch the paint. Shoot Ashley or Jason a pm and they'll make it right. Remember..............no fishing line!

:lolsmack: I had found out the hard way what fishing line used to stitch cloth does to paint. Just didn't want you messing up your nice rides. You'd think with the whole sky to fly in that you'd never hit a bug............just like birds. Dumb critters. :lolsmack:

I sent an e-mail to you Adam about it...

Well with wanting to detail a little more today.. i desided to use my other 3 pads (bought a 6-pack) and 2 of the other 3 had the same issue.. out of 6, only 1 has survived first time useage...

I can have them re-sewn (spelling?) since my mother does a lot of that type of stuff so really it wouldn't be a problem to do.. and be really strong stitching at that.

Had my mother take a look at the Pads after Church today... she gave me her view of what happened. The pad is machine sew'd on the 2 short ends.. and partly on the long side... but the middle section of the long side is hand sew'n and that's what has popped / come undone.

She says she can hand sew it (double cross stitching or something?) and it won't happen again. SO.. I may have her do that and save Adams a little money and save em some time! :D:thumbsup:

Here is what I'm talking about:

(from my thumb to my index finger is where the stitching has come undone, the hand stitched part)

stitching1.jpg

After she stitched it: (yeah she used white thread.. lol)

stitching2.jpg

Edited by Ject

They have to sew them like that in order to get the sponge inside and have the stitching remain inside as well. Not a big deal, but things done like that will come undone eventually. The wife says to use buttonhole thread. It's heavier and should hold up longer than cotton thread. :thumbsup:

They have to sew them like that in order to get the sponge inside and have the stitching remain inside as well. Not a big deal, but things done like that will come undone eventually. The wife says to use buttonhole thread. It's heavier and should hold up longer than cotton thread. :thumbsup:

lol Yeah, i got 10 minute lecture / lesson on how to sew from my Mother lol... went something like this "they machine sew'd the sides etc.. flipped it inside out etc.. then put the sponge into this small spot then hand sewed here.. thats why this part came undone"

lol.. okay.. well as long as it works

Interesting. I know Adam and the gang will take care of it. When I first received my shipment of 2 new pads, I immediately notice the lack of quality of the new pads when compared to the old pads. Keep in mind, the new pads are less expensive but to be honest, I used one of the two new pads and did not have an issue. I even used it to clean furniture (using Adams Carpet and Upholstery), scrubbing hard and not a problem. Sounds like your order may have been from a bad lot. Good luck.

Sorry to hear defective applicators found their way to you! Things happen, and these pads are made for us by the thousands, and typically, hold up well. Still, they are made by humans, and therefore, this can happen!

We have a 110% unconditional lifetime guarantee on everything we sell, so if you ever have a problem, just shoot us an email of give us a call!

Tips@AdamsPolishes.com or toll free: 866-965-0400

We'll replace your pads immediately, and even expedite the shipment if you need them quick!

Please shoot me an email Patrick, and I'll personally get your pads replaced, immediately:

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Thanks, and again, I apologize that we sent you defective pads!

-Adam:thumbsup:

It doesn't get any easier than this :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: