Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash

Ls1transam

Question

I have to say this might be the first product from Adam's that I don't like. I've tried it in the sun and in the shade. It made no difference. It dried really white and streaky. The normal soap or wash and wax dries too. But I just foam the vehicle down again and it activates the soap and rinses off no problem. The Strip Wash didn't do that. The streaks came off easily with detail spray and Adam's drying towels. But it just made for a lot more work. Anyone else have this problem?

6 answers to this question

You only use the SW when you are ready to polish ,wax or apply PS. As far as the streaks you could polish right over them, no need to wipe them with DS.

Yes I know. But still, I don't like all the streaking. I still had to go over the glass and remove those streaks. It works as advertised but it's not my favorite product.

I have not tried the Strip Wash yet, but did you try 'reactivating' the soap by going over the whole car after it was washed?  With our weather I have to do this with regular Car Wash Shampoo, and it works great.

• Wash the car, leaving the soap in place
  • when it is all washed, clean the wash media, and reload
  • go over several sections again with wash media (I can usually do 1/2 the car), and reload again
  • re-sud the remaining sections, and rinse with a strong stream of water
  • pool rinse and dry