Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Residue from Tire & Rubber Cleaner

shane@detailedreflections

Question

Today while using Tire & Rubber Cleaner I had something happen that I hadn't experienced before. The cleaner left a whitish residue on the tires. I reapplied thinking I didn't get it clean enough and the result was exactly the same. The tires still dressed okay. Any thoughts?

Thanks

post-11222-0-09158900-1480283286_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

I haven't either. It's why I asked. I just refilled my bottle from a gallon, so hoping it's just something I did this time. I'm usually pretty meticulous though. Wondering if anyone at Adams has seen this happen. When agitated with a brush it turned the yellowish-brown like it commonly does.

I have another detail scheduled for Friday. Hopefully the results will be better.

I just asked the person who I did it for. They are pretty new. They're winter tires from last year. So it could be the mold release agent. I used both the old and new tire brush on it. I've had good luck with the tire cleaner before and was surprised it happened. Next time I'll just continue to attack it until they're black as they should be.

It did do it on the second pass. There was no outward change in the appearance of the white residue on the tire though. Maybe i needed to simply keep repeating the process? But that's a first. I've never had to go that far with the product before.

I just asked the person who I did it for. They are pretty new. They're winter tires from last year. So it could be the mold release agent. I used both the old and new tire brush on it. I've had good luck with the tire cleaner before and was surprised it happened. Next time I'll just continue to attack it until they're black as they should be.

Sounds like we have our answers. New tires that just needed a really deep cleaning. 

The biggest beef I have with the Adam's tire brushes is the handle and the length of the bristles. Its difficult to really apply some torque, for lack of a better word, because of the longer bristles. 

It seems like I underestimated the ability of the tire and rubber cleaner a bit against new tires given how well it's performed for me in the past. I'll have another car Friday, but the tires definitely aren't new. Might try to find a brush with shorter bristles for these scenarios. I like always having the right tool for the job. I hadn't seen anyone else have this happen which made me wonder even more.

Just putting my two cents this also happened to me it didn't effect the tire shine or Vrt I think you just have to scrub and rinse well

Ditto but, in my experience, this only occurs on new tires.

Edited by Norton