Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lost a Good Friend

Adam

Adam I unfortunately know the depth of the feelings you are going through. I had a high school classmate of mine come back from Vietnam and got really messed up over there. He called my house one night and unfortunately I wasn't home. The next day he shot himself. Besides the loss of a friend, it is really difficult to understand the depths of despair that the person must be feeling to take their own life. I wonder to this day if it would have been any different had I been home and been able to meet with him. I seriously doubt it because he would have felt the same on another day, but we just wish we could have made a difference for them. As everyone else has said belief in God and praying sure make a difference. My sincere and heart felt sympathy are with you and his family. As Mark said it sure hits hard and makes you realize the important things in life.

Thanks Tom, I much appreciate your kind words, and thanks to all who have posted here with kindness. I'm also sorry to hear there are so many stories of losses of people we love here.

Two weeks ago today, Kirk came up to our house to help test new products. (Kirk loved innovation, and designing the process to include or video was something that he was keen to get involved with.)

This was the only video that Kirk Beck and I did together, and may be the last video of him alive.

This was not meant to be a video that would be used as a sales tool, clearly. (We used a industrial sprayer with Sharpie writing on it, and filmed it in the dirt, in front of our shop, with our cardboard recycling stack in plain view.)

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQoXivW58q8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Edited by Adam

This was my note on his club and forum: www.ColoradoPowerStroke.com

"Kirk and I met two years ago, through friends Matt Zavakos and Jody Tipton. We have been friends since, meeting up for lunch or breakfast regularly. A man of integrity, Kirk always always helped others, and was a generous person.

Each time we met up for lunch, breakfast, or just to hang out to talk diesel or wax, he had a small gift. Recently, I had asked for his input on installing a switch for the defroster mirrors. He replied immediately by emailing a link to a 'how-to' article which explained it exactly. Than, sitting at breakfast with a few friends, he took out a switch that he had ordered, for me, and handed it over. "Hey Adam, here's the switch you are going to need to get your mirrors to work." That's Kirk for you.

Always helpful, always positive, always using technology to advance the level of efficiency in his personal life, and for his employer, eBuilding Services. Kirk had a success story to report every time we met up, new customer, better way of tracking operations, etc. etc. etc.

Last Saturday, Kirk came up to the house to help me test and video new car care products. He came up at 8AM, and we polished out scratches on his "Sacrificial Prius," while identifying and developing a more effective process. (Kirk 'starred' in the video, helping me test some new wheel cleaning products on my Excursion.)

He was in excellent spirits, as usual, and we worked in the driveway together for nearly 5 hours. (He also noticed that one of our shop doors had been damaged in the recent wind, then helped repair it.)

His integrity, intelligence, kindness, and selflessness are rare human traits. I'm honored to have known Kirk, and very sad that he's passed.

-Adam

More info here on the services, and on Kirk: http://www.ebuildingservice.com/team.php"