Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Coating On Vinyl Wrap

Hey guys, Its been a while since i've posted on the forums but I wanted to share this with everyone. I had a customer who put Adam's ceramic coating over his vinyl wrapped car.

Here is his review:

"Let me start off this review by saying this is another must have product from Adams polishes for any amateur or professional detailer alike! I recently had the pleasure of receiving the new Adams polishes ceramic coating and I can say without a doubt after using the "compilation" in the past before finding out about Adams polishes that this is the easiest the apply and most hydrophobic ceramic coating I've ever used! It was shipped to me in a very nice looking, professional box set with very easy to understand direction. I recently had my car vinyl wrapped and wanted to keep it looking it's best while also making it earlier to clean with my busy work schedule. While following the directions step by step I was blown away how easy this was to apply, and how fast the cure time was so this didn't have to be a all day project. After letting the car cure in the garage I could already tell a huge difference in how much gloss and shine I gained in the wrap.. and then I applied the ceramic boost that was supplied in the kit and was absolutely blown away! Now washing the car takes half the time clean and get ready for upcoming shows thanks to the Adams ceramic coating. Water just beads up and falls right off the car effortlessly. After showing friends how much gloss it added and easy it makes the car to clean they both ordered their kits. The best part is i still have enough left to coat my other vehicles! Overall I give this a 10 out of 10 and really look forward to trying the Adams polishes wheel ceramic coating and glass coating now that I see how well this performs " - Aaron Day

post-13326-0-89525900-1483464988_thumb.jpg
post-13326-0-67287900-1483464990_thumb.jpg
post-13326-0-84386500-1483464992_thumb.jpg

The coating dries fairly fast and the vinyl absorbs more product because it is soft and porous unlike paint. Just wanted to share incase anyone was curious how easily its applied to vinyl. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't putting the ceramic coating on a vinyl car wrap remove the inherent "self healling" properties of the wrap itself when heated?  I know most of the quality wraps when exposed to sunlight or a mild heat gun can heal light scratches on their surface.  I'd think coating over the top of that ends that option.

I guess if it's ceramic coated though it's less prone to getting the light scratches anyways at that point.  Just wonder.

Thanks

Wouldn't putting the ceramic coating on a vinyl car wrap remove the inherent "self healing" properties of the wrap...

Well, there you go thinking logical...gets me in trouble all the time!  :)

It turns out that at least with some films, a coating does not eliminate the self healing. Don't ask me how, but I understand this is true!

Edited by LT1xL82

Hey guys, Its been a while since i've posted on the forums but I wanted to share this with everyone. I had a customer who put Adam's ceramic coating over his vinyl wrapped car.

Here is his review:

"Let me start off this review by saying this is another must have product from Adams polishes for any amateur or professional detailer alike! I recently had the pleasure of receiving the new Adams polishes ceramic coating and I can say without a doubt after using the "compilation" in the past before finding out about Adams polishes that this is the easiest the apply and most hydrophobic ceramic coating I've ever used! It was shipped to me in a very nice looking, professional box set with very easy to understand direction. I recently had my car vinyl wrapped and wanted to keep it looking it's best while also making it earlier to clean with my busy work schedule. While following the directions step by step I was blown away how easy this was to apply, and how fast the cure time was so this didn't have to be a all day project. After letting the car cure in the garage I could already tell a huge difference in how much gloss and shine I gained in the wrap.. and then I applied the ceramic boost that was supplied in the kit and was absolutely blown away! Now washing the car takes half the time clean and get ready for upcoming shows thanks to the Adams ceramic coating. Water just beads up and falls right off the car effortlessly. After showing friends how much gloss it added and easy it makes the car to clean they both ordered their kits. The best part is i still have enough left to coat my other vehicles! Overall I give this a 10 out of 10 and really look forward to trying the Adams polishes wheel ceramic coating and glass coating now that I see how well this performs " - Aaron Day

attachicon.gifIMG_5471.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5473.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5476.JPG

The coating dries fairly fast and the vinyl absorbs more product because it is soft and porous unlike paint. Just wanted to share incase anyone was curious how easily its applied to vinyl. 

Wow! That looks freakin' awesome! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.

I was speaking at a Corvette club the other night and coincidentally two Ghost Shield reps were there, so our talks became one. They suggested the Ceramic Boost only on top of their products. Not contradicting what was said above, just giving an alternate method.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for posting this review. I have a complete color change wrap and paid a lot of money to have a ceramic coating applied. Unfortunately a lot of the wrap was removed less than six months due to poor quality installation. I am having those sections re-wrapped as I type. Supposed to pick it up later today.

I will definitely use AP to re-ceramic coat my wrap. 

• 2 years later...