Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cermaic & Backup Cameras

shane@detailedreflections

Question

As I get ready to install a coating next weekend on a 2017 Ford Raptor, it got me thinking about the backup camera.  The camera on those vehicles is in the emblem on the tailgate.  Any precautions to applying ceramic right over the camera lens?  And would you consider it the paint coating or the trim coating?  I'm leaning towards going right over it with the paint coating or skipping the lens portion. 

Any thoughts?  Usually not too stumped on things, but this one has me thinking.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Sorry not trying to jack the thread, but is it your Raptor? I traded in my 2013 this past summer, but the new ones look pretty good! If it's yours, congrats!

It isn't my Raptor.  I got rid of mine this summer as well.  I had a 2014.  Traded it for the Lotus as a fun vehicle for my wife and I and having a Subaru Crosstrek for a daily driver since my daughter started going to high school where we have to drive her twenty miles each way.  It wasn't practical to keep the truck unfortunately.  I miss it frequently, but I can't say the Lotus isn't a blast to drive!  When I do get to take it out, it makes me smile.