Customer Service 866.965.0400

Actually I did a strip wax and paint correction sealed and waxed it in late October then just did a maintenance wash mostly Adams waterless wash because of the winter months in New York had to shut the water off I know the car had no contamination the surface was like glass I just wiped it down with either detail spray or waterless wash then this Saturday when the weather cooperated I tried it out and this is my results also the trim is treated with Adams ceramic trim kit and that is still beading with no problem and did it outside when the weather was dry for a few days couldn't fit the car in the garage because I had my queen in there

Actually I did a strip wax and paint correction sealed and waxed it in late October then just did a maintenance wash mostly Adams waterless wash because of the winter months in New York had to shut the water off I know the car had no contamination the surface was like glass I just wiped it down with either detail spray or waterless wash then this Saturday when the weather cooperated I tried it out and this is my results also the trim is treated with Adams ceramic trim kit and that is still beading with no problem and did it outside when the weather was dry for a few days couldn't fit the car in the garage because I had my queen in there

Well if I remember correctly, the Ceramic Boost is silica based, similar to Wash & Wax, so it is inferior to Paint Sealant. But it seems like 4-5 days is too short. I'm wondering if the constant rainfall just wore away the protection prematurely.

Well if I remember correctly, the Ceramic Boost is silica based, similar to Wash & Wax, so it is inferior to Paint Sealant. But it seems like 4-5 days is too short. I'm wondering if the constant rainfall just wore away the protection prematurely.

it was still beading before I put on the ceramic boost( this just like the product is named it just gave it a boost) how long is e longevity when you use it after applying Adams ceramic paint coating

Well dried off the car today very easy to dry no streaking and the shine is outstanding the surface is hydrophobic so there wasn't that much water on the car I was very impressed again I'm not a chemist just a guy that likes to detail so the way I do things somewhat not protocol here is my car just wiping it off the real test is this coming week it's going to snow rain and freezing rain so let's see how it holds up

post-14028-0-75094100-1483564241_thumb.jpg

That shine and beading does look very great. I know only time will tell, but how do you feel about it opposed to using H20 GG? As far as ease of use, visual enhancements and protection? Still holding my breath before making another order from adams. Need to get a drying towel, microfiber wash, and maybe rinseless wash for the winter. Running low on H20 GG, but that with the paint sealant i applied in June is holding up VERY well still, along with using detail spray 3 of 4 washes opposed to H20 GG. Will be following this post!

I like and use h2o gg during the warmer months every two or three washes it works great it's to cold now in New York to do a two bucket wash so I use a waterless or rinseless on my car and for the first time I used Adams ceramic boost also detail spray as a maintenance wipe down I'm retired so I have a lot of time to care for my cars it's therapy for me.for the next week it's not going to get over the freezing mark so cleaning the cars is not a option

Why would you say it's inferior to Paint Sealant? Just curious.

I've been waiting for someone to do this! That is some serious gloss after the wipe down. No extra product was applied after the rain? I am getting nervous because I just bought a gallon of H20 during the 20% off sale. Looks like I'm going to have to have the two products duke it out. Although I have figured out the H20 pretty well and am getting great results from it.

we shall see...

Not inferior by any means, but different technology. Ceramic Boost can offer standalone protection, but its main intention is to be a topper for a ceramic coating - to make the coating super smooth, more glossy, and work even better - much like you would use Detail Spray to enhance a layer of wax already on the car. For best results with a ceramic coating product, you need a product designed to work with it.

Ceramic Boost on its own should last a few months per application on a daily driven vehicle, and could certainly be applied over something like Paint Sealant; however, that is not really what it was designed to do, so mixing and matching products with different chemical makeups may not give you the best results you're after. For longest life, it should be applied on top of our Paint Coating. We recommend applying every 4-6 months to boost the life of the coating.

I've heard that the Acrylic polymers in the H20 GG would be more durable than the silica from the Ceramic Boost

Not sure who you heard this from, but they're different products intended for different purposes. Our ceramic Paint Coating is much more durable than an acrylic sealant like our Paint Sealant, in the order of 2-4x longer life per application compared to Paint Sealant (4-6+ months for Paint Sealant on average vs. 1-2+ years for Paint Coating). Ceramic Boost may not last as long as Paint Sealant when applied to a bare polished surface, but you should see a few months of protection and great gloss with it, similar to how you would with H2O Guard & Gloss.

So to summarize, Paint Sealant and H2O Guard & Gloss work together as a nice combination since they are both acrylic-based; whereas Paint Coating, Ceramic Boost, and Wash & Wax all work with each other nicely as well since they are silica-based. We encourage people to test out different combinations if you have multiple products, but don't think that you need to use all of them together on one vehicle or that every product will be perfectly compatible with other products. 

I would not recommend using H2O Guard or any other sealant or wax on top of Paint Coating. Stick to Ceramic Boost, Car Shampoo, and Wash & Wax, then Detail Spray or Waterless Wash for smudges, dust, fingerprints, etc - but keep in mind that the Paint Coating works so well that you don't really need to us Detail Spray as a drying agent if you dry the car with forced air :)   

Not inferior by any means, but different technology. Ceramic Boost can offer standalone protection, but its main intention is to be a topper for a ceramic coating - to make the coating super smooth, more glossy, and work even better - much like you would use Detail Spray to enhance a layer of wax already on the car. For best results with a ceramic coating product, you need a product designed to work with it.

Ceramic Boost on its own should last a few months per application on a daily driven vehicle, and could certainly be applied over something like Paint Sealant; however, that is not really what it was designed to do, so mixing and matching products with different chemical makeups may not give you the best results you're after. For longest life, it should be applied on top of our Paint Coating. We recommend applying every 4-6 months to boost the life of the coating.hi dan to use it as a standalone do you know how long would this last on current weather conditions in New York

Not sure who you heard this from, but they're different products intended for different purposes. Our ceramic Paint Coating is much more durable than an acrylic sealant like our Paint Sealant, in the order of 2-4x longer life per application compared to Paint Sealant (4-6+ months for Paint Sealant on average vs. 1-2+ years for Paint Coating). Ceramic Boost may not last as long as Paint Sealant when applied to a bare polished surface, but you should see a few months of protection and great gloss with it, similar to how you would with H2O Guard & Gloss.

So to summarize, Paint Sealant and H2O Guard & Gloss work together as a nice combination since they are both acrylic-based; whereas Paint Coating, Ceramic Boost, and Wash & Wax all work with each other nicely as well since they are silica-based. We encourage people to test out different combinations if you have multiple products, but don't think that you need to use all of them together on one vehicle or that every product will be perfectly compatible with other products. 

I would not recommend using H2O Guard or any other sealant or wax on top of Paint Coating. Stick to Ceramic Boost, Car Shampoo, and Wash & Wax, then Detail Spray or Waterless Wash for smudges, dust, fingerprints, etc - but keep in mind that the Paint Coating works so well that you don't really need to us Detail Spray as a drying agent if you dry the car with forced air :)

Sorry I missed this comment as I haven't been on the forum much, but I meant inferior as far as time frame. To my knowledge, with the exception of the coatings, the paint sealant is the longest lasting product if properly applied to bare clean paint.

With this in mind, (with the exception of coatings) why use anything else?

I've never personally tested the "6" month lasting period, but I apply HGG on top of the paint sealant monthly. This maintains my paint quite nicely.

But back to the OPs statement, his specified time frame before the beading stopped does seem like the Ceramic Boost protection ended prematurely.

**actually it appears as it's still meeting expectations. Clearly I've missed a lot lol.

Edited by Mariner

Thanks for the info Dan, I might just stick with the Paint Sealant and H20 GG ( along with wax and detail spray) on my current car. I do love the idea of the coating along with the ceramic boost, but I dont think I have the right vehicle I would want to use it on just yet

I did the a Rinseless wash with H2OGG application followed by ceramic boost last night. I was impressed by the shine considering these pics were taken in the dark using a CFL light and led work light as light sources.

post-14655-0-81028300-1484231169_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately couldn't get a pic of the car in the day time with dry paint or wet with clean paint. Drive to work this morning was full of dirty road spray. Hope to get a beading picture later. Car is coated using a not Adam's product.

Edit: definitely learned that this product needs to be used in better lighting, needed a lot more buffing. Streaks....Streaks everywhere. :lol:

Edited by SumBeach35

Bob, to answer your question, it should last a few months as a standalone protection product.

If you don't mind, make sure to type your response above or below the quoted text when you quote a post, or maybe it bold or italicized so that it stands out - I had trouble finding your question inside of the quoted post :)