Customer Service 866.965.0400

Seat Cushion for Wash Bucket

Did some searching and found a handful of requests for the same thing a couple+ years ago, so I'll bring it back to life...

Since gaining weight in certain...areas...is probably not the best option for most of us - how about offering a padded Gamma Seal lid for the wash buckets, at least as an add-on option?

I realize they're already made to sit on, and I thought it may become a reality, but to make my tookus/our tookusi (sp?!) a little happier during extended detail sessions, or to simply have a comfier "Adam's-approved" place to sit and take a break ( :cheers: +  :lurk: = :D), is this possible?

I'll even offer a few options/suggestions:

- Color it Adam's red, and/or

- Add the Adam's logo (hat tip to Ricky Bobby) or at least the "A"

- Cut-out a couple crescent shapes for (no...not that  ;)) handles around the edges to still be able to turn the lid easily

Thanks for the consideration!  :xfingers:  :thumbsup:

See this is what always happened in the past with this thread. People would just say look somewhere else and Adam's never branded one. I think the A logo would be cool on it. The one I have is just plain blue.

I'd buy an A logo one, I bring mine to High School football games and it always get stolen by my wife.

I thought in a recent Adam's video it looked like Adam was sitting on something similar to what's being asked for.  I don't know if it's a prototype, a product he simply picked up and they have in the shop or what.  So there's always an option for a future release.

I don't think people are wrong for saying to look elsewhere.  Until Adam's comes out with a product, people will have to look elsewhere to meet the demand.  Personally, I don't have a need for this particular product since I simply have a rolling stool that I got at Lowe's that I use and it's worked well.  It has a little tray under it which is where I'll toss a towel I'm using or spray or whatever.  It's been a huge back saver.

I know Weathertech has one but you have to buy the whole bucket. Can't find a source for the pad itself.

Here is a source for the pad only:

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Seat-Cushion-12-inches/dp/B001EJJZ3Y/ref=pd_day0_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PM1FD79SEJGNEFA50HDG

Or

Edit: Sorry, no linking or promoting competitor websites. -Dan@Adams

See this is what always happened in the past with this thread. People would just say look somewhere else and Adam's never branded one. I think the A logo would be cool on it. The one I have is just plain blue.

I'd buy an A logo one, I bring mine to High School football games and it always get stolen by my wife.

So put a sticker on it!   :lolsmack:

My personal choice for a rolling chair goes to this bad boy, it's comfortable and rolls around with ease.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-creeper-seat-mechanics-high-rise/p-00951108000P?rrec=true

I've had that same one for years.  Excellent for washing and waxing.  But I also have the Adam's seat with the tray underneath on wheels and that one is convenient for keeping all my products under me while I'm wheeling around. 

post-15-0-37551000-1483652351.jpg

OK, since we are 'showing our cards' I have a Tail Bone creeper seat from when Adam's sold them.  They are still available from other sources and are extremely comfortable to use.

5031b-x.jpg

OK, since we are 'showing our cards' I have a Tail Bone creeper seat from when Adam's sold them. They are still available from other sources and are extremely comfortable to use.

Same here, other than being a bit bulky I love it

5031b-x.jpg

Only downside to those is that there's no tray to set product on.  You have to keep getting up or setting stuff on  your lap.  My old knees can't do that so well any more.

Is that seat height adjustable?

So put a sticker on it!   :lolsmack:

I've had that same one for years.  Excellent for washing and waxing.  But I also have the Adam's seat with the tray underneath on wheels and that one is convenient for keeping all my products under me while I'm wheeling around. 

attachicon.gifa7e1b4c362612b7b39fe5b8ec79edef3.jpg

I like yours Rich, Where did they get it?

Only downside to those is that there's no tray to set product on.  You have to keep getting up or setting stuff on  your lap.  My old knees can't do that so well any more.

Is that seat height adjustable?

For the Tail Bone, agreed that a tray of some type would be nice.  I put towels and bottles behind me on the seat, which is not adjustable.  But it is fantastic for working on wheels and lower part of the car.  It is bulky, and I can only use it in driveway, but it's more comfortable than a mechanic's seat.  

When I work on the 1912 race car I spend about an hour on each wheel, and this is the perfect height and "width" :D  for that work. 

While this topic morphed a little, I'm starting to think I may be in the minority for this sort of product. There are definitely plenty of alternatives already out there, and mobile ones, at that. 

Nevertheless, thanks to all for the input/suggestions. You are awesome!  :bow:

P.S. If an Adam's development team member sees this, though, know you'll be able to sell at least one... :)

I like yours Rich, Where did they get it?

Ryan detailing dot com has these in stock, they have a sale that ends today. 

Edited -Dan@Adams

You can buy it online and pick it up in the store that way you get the sale price plus 15% off

They are located in lake forest off the 5 freeway

Edit: Sorry, no linking or promoting competitor websites. -Dan@Adams

To answer some questions, yes you may have seen some test bucket seats in some of our videos recently. We're always looking at and evaluating possible products to add to the lineup :)

I hadn't seen that, Dan. I guess I'll just be a little more patient and see what happens. Thanks for answering.

To answer some questions, yes you may have seen some test bucket seats in some of our videos recently. We're always looking at and evaluating possible products to add to the lineup :)

Dan I didn't realize that Detailing dot com was a competitor because they sell adams stuff too and you don't sell seats for detailing!

My bad!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...