Customer Service 866.965.0400

MTM Foam Cannon vs Regular Foam Cannon

mjshaw130

Question

16 answers to this question

For pressure? They both look exactly the same so wasn't sure.

They are extremely similar in appearance. 

BTW, MTM makes 2 slightly different units...one aimed at smaller electric pressure washers and the other for larger, typically gas, pressure washers. The have somewhat different flow/pressure specs. I believe the MTM unit Adams sells is the one for larger pressure washers. 

Looking at the MTM sticker on the inlet of the cannon, and the specs listed, it appears to be the original MTM model 14.0263 that has a wider range of pressures and flows, but seems to perform better with gas or pro-level electric pressure washers since it has an orifice size of 1.25mm.  The electric model MTM 14.0349 has an orifice size of 1.1mm, and specs of 1100-2000 PSI and 1.4-2.4 GPM.  What is odd is the electric version model 14.0349 is not listed on the MTM Hydro website anymore.

As far as the differences between the Adam's Foam Cannon and the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon, they are similar in specs (other than the Adam's version having more range on the low end), but the performance is really going to depend on the pressure washer used.  In my experience, using a pro-level electric pressure washer rated at 1900 PSI and 2.1 GPM, the Adam's Foam Cannon worked better than the MTM Hydro (model 14.0263). 

IMG_20160723_171949.jpg

For the more common electric pressure washers with lower ratings, I would suggest that the Adam's Foam Cannon would work better, based on the reviews in this thread:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31851-is-there-a-consensus-on-the-best-pressure-washer-for-adams-foam-cannon/?p=497372

That photo from member 'chops1sc' shows an excellent level of foam from a $99 pressure washer using the Adam's Foam Cannon.  I have seen photos of the MTM used with this type of electric pressure washer, and the foam is not very thick and runs off quicker.

Here is a couple more review threads.  I would suggest going through these to see what other members are seeing for performance with various pressure washers.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31137-adams-polishes-new-foam-cannon/?p=486147

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31133-pressure-washer-foam-cannon/?p=486111

So, my advice would be that if you are running a budget-friendly electric pressure washer, stick with the Adam's Foam Cannon.  If you have a gas pressure washer, you might see a little better performance from the Adam's Foam Cannon over the MTM Foam Cannon, or you might find they work about the same.  But, the MTM is $10 cheaper, so that might be a consideration for gas pressure washer users.

I have a craftsman gas power washer. So im assuming the Adams mtm Foam Cannon is the better one to go with?

I have both foamers...and I think you'd be pleased with either. 

That said, as long as you don't have a seriously big pressure washer that exceeds the ratings, the Adams foamer may make for a bit thicker foam.

still not really understanding this whole thing. both of these are made by adams and ive only noticed miniscule differences between the psi's of each. both make alot of foam, and are designed the same way. i am using a real nice craftsman gas power washer.

still not really understanding this whole thing. both of these are made by adams and ive only noticed miniscule differences between the psi's of each. both make alot of foam, and are designed the same way. i am using a real nice craftsman gas power washer.

The Adam's Foam Cannon is manufactured for Adam's to the requested specs and is intended to cover a wider range of pressure washer capabilities.  The MTM version is made by MTM Hydro and just has an Adam's sticker on it, and is better suited to gas pressure washers.

For me, the Adam's Foam Cannon made thicker foam than the MTM, so I would recommend that you get that one.

Even with a gas power washer you still suggest the adams one? I do notice though that adams does not have the black ones back yet, they still only have the red foam cannon.

Yes.

I do not know if the black version will be available again.  But, if you do not like the red one, then get the black MTM and use the $10 you saved to buy extra Car Wash Shampoo for the cannon!  :D

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-mtm-foam-cannon.html

This is the link for the Adam's MTM Black that is rated for higher PSI and GPM over the Red Adams Cannon which is rated for lower PSI and GPM. The new listed Adams MTM Black version (in the link above) is also currently cheaper than the red version

I went with the red version for the fact of the Green Works 1.2GPM 2000psi pressure washer I am picking up in a week or two

1 hour ago, aaronc1 said:

I know this is a old thread but I wanted to ask if anyone of you guys have changed the ORIFICE of the adams foam canon? Ive read some people changing their ORIFICE from their cannon and see thicker foam

Your probably thinking of the foam gun, which comes with multiple orifsces to change the amount of foam made

11 hours ago, Wy_detailing said:

Your probably thinking of the foam gun, which comes with multiple orifsces to change the amount of foam made

thats the video I was looking at and got curious if that is what I need to do to change it on my adams foam cannon as well.