Customer Service 866.965.0400

Remove water spots

puck112

Question

I recently purchased a 05' corvette.   I noticed what look like water spots in the finish.  I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of these to no avail .  Anyone have an idea how to get rid of these and what I should use ? Thanks !

10 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum Paul!

The severity of water spotting, and what it takes to remove them, can vary significantly.

Post some pics, and what you have tried so far.  It is hard to make a recommendation not knowing what has been tried, ie have you already tried machine polishing them, or just hand polishing?  Clay bar?

Chances are, they are etched into the clear and will require quite a bit of polishing and/or other measures to get the surface as smooth as possible.  I see this on middle aged (C4. C5, C6) Corvettes all the time.   If it's bad, make it as best as you can as it will probably never be perfect again.  It's mostly due to age, neglect, and lack of protection.  

Does it look similar to this C5?  Here are some pics of one I encountered last year:

post-3636-0-42664800-1484511051_thumb.jpg

post-3636-0-51485700-1484511052_thumb.jpg

post-3636-0-54671100-1484511053_thumb.jpg

Yeah, thanks for keeping me honest, Dan. I probably shouldn't have offered a potential solution without asking more questions. But at least I recommended pictures before doing so! Lesson learned. Looking forward to how this could be fixed.

Today I used Revive on some minor water spotting on the windows, and it was amazing. All I had to use was one of Adam's plush blue waffle style towel, and with a spot of Revive and a quick buff, spots were gone! I always forget about the Revive in my arsenal, but it never disappoints.

Chances are, they are etched into the clear and will require quite a bit of polishing and/or other measures to get the surface as smooth as possible.  I see this on middle aged (C4. C5, C6) Corvettes all the time.   If it's bad, make it as best as you can as it will probably never be perfect again.  It's mostly due to age, neglect, and lack of protection.  

Does it look similar to this C5?  Here are some pics of one I encountered last year:

attachicon.gif1.JPG

attachicon.gif2.JPG

attachicon.gif3.JPG

So how did you get rid of these water spots