Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it me or am I seeing things?

ramflava

Question

Are the two new polishers (Swirl Killer and Mini Swirl Killer) very similar (new twins) to the Rupes polishers?

This isn't a bad thing in my opinion. I've been wishing for a Rupes polishers, but I just can't afford them, but if the new Adam's Swirl Killers are re-branded and slightly different versions of Rupes, I think I might be able to save some $$ to get them. It's actually a genius move if that is what Adam's has done.

12 answers to this question

The policy changed a few years ago. It was "avoid china when it can" but to in order to meet demands of the market, there would be some places that they would really have no choice but go to China.

Adam had a video explaining this change in policy. 

The SK platform is manufactured by an OEM manufacturer. While it shares a lot of similarities with the OE unit, the Swirl Killers are likely to have some things specified specifically for Adams, besides just the colors of the buttons. I have read elsewhere from people that have used both, that the SwirlKiller seems smoother, and has a better power cord. 

Edited by stripesace

I try and support American made stuff as much as I can. It's nearly impossible to avoid Chinese products altogether. I fly a US military aircraft for a living, and even that has some stuff made in China. I have the Rupes mini AND the larger swirl killer. While the Rupes is a beautiful machine, the SK isn't far behind. It may lack the power somewhat, but it's really a nicely built machine and a great deal. I went from the PC to the SK, and it is a major upgrade.

The policy changed a few years ago. It was "avoid china when it can" but to in order to meet demands of the market, there would be some places that they would really have no choice but go to China.

Adam had a video explaining this change in policy. 

The SK platform is manufactured by an OEM manufacturer. While it shares a lot of similarities with the OE unit, the Swirl Killers are likely to have some things specified specifically for Adams, besides just the colors of the buttons. I have read elsewhere from people that have used both, that the SwirlKiller seems smoother, and has a better power cord. 

Now that you mention it, I think I remember that video too. Well, it is his company and he must to what is best for it. Not everyone will agree with his every move, but if it works I can understand the move. I still don't think I'll be buying any polishers from Adams, but I still love most everything else. All I have for polishers are the PC and Cyclo. Maybe I'll just save a bit longer and go for a Rupes.

I try and support American made stuff as much as I can. It's nearly impossible to avoid Chinese products altogether. I fly a US military aircraft for a living, and even that has some stuff made in China. I have the Rupes mini AND the larger swirl killer. While the Rupes is a beautiful machine, the SK isn't far behind. It may lack the power somewhat, but it's really a nicely built machine and a great deal. I went from the PC to the SK, and it is a major upgrade.

Jason, what type of A/C you fly? Me, I'm a retired 767 Capt. of 36 years for a major Air Cargo Company that has for the past 2 years has become (with plenty of time to kill) obsessed with a case of Auto Detailing OCD.  LOL   :wacko: I have 2 orbital buffers, the Groits 6' and their mini. All my cars are in pretty good shape as far as the paint finish goes. I would have loved to buy the SK mini, but couldn't wait and got the Groits mini last November. I also try to buy American made products, but do find it really hard to go that route with what's on the market these days.

Jason, what type of A/C you fly? Me, I'm a retired 767 Capt. of 36 years for a major Air Cargo Company that has for the past 2 years has become (with plenty of time to kill) obsessed with a case of Auto Detailing OCD.  LOL   :wacko: I have 2 orbital buffers, the Groits 6' and their mini. All my cars are in pretty good shape as far as the paint finish goes. I would have loved to buy the SK mini, but couldn't wait and got the Groits mini last November. I also try to buy American made products, but do find it really hard to go that route with what's on the market these days.

Do you still do all your work at night and sleep when the suns up? ;-)

Do you still do all your work at night and sleep when the suns up? ;-)

Brian,You know it's still tuff to sleep at night at times. But I'm back to a normal person's sleeping schedule.   :willy: When I can't sleep at night is when I do all my detail work in the garage....

Edited by Geebee

Gary, I fly the MH-60R for the Navy. Check it out online. It is an incredible machine and extremely valuable to a carrier strike group as the sole anti-submarine warfare asset. I work for the HSM Weapons School and qualify crews for upcoming deployments.

Gary, I fly the MH-60R for the Navy. Check it out online. It is an incredible machine and extremely valuable to a carrier strike group as the sole anti-submarine warfare asset. I work for the HSM Weapons School and qualify crews for upcoming deployments.

Just wanted to say thank you for your service Jason! Awesome career you chose.

Well, I swallowed my pride and I'm eating humble pie. The need for a good polisher at an affordable cost has caused me to give the SK a try. Although I still dislike that it is made in China, I will give it a go. I've read good things about the SK, so I just bought one.