Customer Service 866.965.0400

To Ceramic Coat or not Ceramic Coat

19.5 Dually

Question

Trying to determine if I want to ceramic coat that car or just do a full prep and top with Patriot?

The reason I ask is that the car doesn't see any adverse elements. If rain comes, in the trailer it goes.

I have been reading up on Adams ceramic coating and if I understand correctly, detail spray will cause it to break down over time. This car will be completely wiped down between each and every round. Any suggestions?

post-1524-0-77665200-1484604540_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Interesting about a QD breaking down a coating; had not heard this one before.  I have been waffling back and forth for a looong time over coatings due to my enjoyment of waxing, but that QD would just tie up that decision for me.  No way I could step away from my QD, LOL.

Interesting about a QD breaking down a coating; had not heard this one before.  I have been waffling back and forth for a looong time over coatings due to my enjoyment of waxing, but that QD would just tie up that decision for me.  No way I could step away from my QD, LOL.

Detail Spray or any other quick detailer spray will not break down a ceramic coating.

It will only result in what Kevin described here:

I'd be interested to see this source for detail spray being able to break down ceramic coatings. My understanding is the detail spray could mask some of the hydrophobic properties due to containing some waxes but I'm very skeptical that it could actually break down ceramic coating.

And this effect on the coating would be temporary.  Once the little bit of wax wears off, the coating would be the same.