Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl Killer 15mm....

EB C5 Z06

Question

Love the way it looks and the ergonomics are awesome. Hopefully, the next generation will be more powerful, though. It needs higher MAX OPM's and more pad spinning torque. I got to try one and was a bit underwhelmed with the power. 

9 answers to this question

Keep in mind it's unlikely to perform as well as a Rupes or other "top tier" polisher. With a reduction in price comes a reduction in other areas.

Is it a tool for the person detailing constantly? Probably a little light duty for that. Is it a tool for the weekend warrior? It's perfectly suited to them!

Right tool for the right job with the right user.

There's really no need for any more power. The 15mm LT Swirl Killer works just fine and stands up well to it's competition. I was able to correct the super hard paint on this Mercedes with no problem.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/32078-mercedes-tackled-with-the-swirl-killer/

This machine is top notch!

Power of the Swirl Killer:

500watts

2,000-4,500 OPM

Rupes LHR15ES

500watts

1,700-4,200 OPM

Rupes Mark II

500watts

2,500-5,300 OPM

The power of the Swirl Killer falls right in between the two 15mm LT Rupes machines. If running the Rupes Mark II on high speed you'll be taking the chance of wearing out a polishing pad prematurely.

There's really no need for any more power. The 15mm LT Swirl Killer works just fine and stands up well to it's competition. I was able to correct the super hard paint on this Mercedes with no problem.

500watts

2,000-4,500 OPM

Rupes LHR15ES

500watts

1,700-4,200 OPM

Rupes Mark II

500watts

2,500-5,300 OPM

The power of the Swirl Killer falls right in between the two 15mm LT Rupes machines. If running the Rupes Mark II on high speed you'll be taking the chance of wearing out a polishing pad prematurely.

your specs given for the rupes 15 es are incorrect is 2000-5000 opms that's right from rupes site

Hmm...

I do see on the Rupes site it rated at 2,000-5,000 OPM, but also see it on a companies site  the sells the machine rated at what I'd shown it at 1,700-4,200 OPM. So, let's say I was incorrect with my original speed, and the LHR ES15 is 500 OPM on it's highest speed compared to Adam's Swirl Killer. Not that big a difference for the price difference to me. I do own both machines and am totally comfortable with the Swirl Killer, but also enjoy the Rupes.

Here's what I'd found online that wasn't from Rupes:

Rupes Polisher Comparison Chart
Product/Features
LHR15ES 
LHR21ES 
LHR75E MINI 
LHR12E 
Weight
2.6 KG / 5.73 LBS 
2.6 KG / 5.73 LBS 
2.3 KG / 5.07 LBS 
2.6 KG / 5.73 LBS 
RPM
1700 - 4200 
2000 - 4200 
4000 - 5500 
4000 - 5500 
POWER
500W 
500W 
400W 
400W 
Throw
15mm 
21mm 
12mm 
12mm 
Pad Size
3" or 4"
5.5" or 6"
Ideal Use
For all polishing and vehicle's surface. 15mm throw gives it a great area coverage and saves 40% more time than traditional DA polishers. 
For bigger surfaces and areas. Wider throw at 21mm for even faster and bigger area coverage. 
For small areas such as mudguards, front panels or pillars and hard to reach places with big pads. 
Has the same feature as the BigFoot but neatly packaged in a compact and more maneuverable body, small diameter throw.
Edited by BRZN

Watts is not everything. The 1st generation Rupes 15 is 500 watts just like the Mark II 15, but the Mark II has considerably more pad spinning torque. 

Anyhow, I loved the ergonomics of the Swirl Killer 15mm. If felt very good in my hands. The Swirl Killer MINI looks awesome! Going to buy one.

500watts

2,000-4,500 OPM

Rupes LHR15ES

500watts

1,700-4,200 OPM

Rupes Mark II

500watts

2,500-5,300 OPM

I read a lot about hard vs. soft clear Coat? How do I know what my car is? 2016 metallic black Porsche Macan.

I read a lot about hard vs. soft clear Coat? How do I know what my car is? 2016 metallic black Porsche Macan.

U will know when u start to Polish on it. Soft clear corrects easily but sometimes doesn't finish nice without a fine polish and pad. Hard clears are harder to correct but can sometimes be 1 stepped even with a fairly aggressive compound and still finish well

Many of the European cars have hard clear coats. The Carlisle Adam's Team did a full correction on a Porsche 911 Turbo S a couple years ago, and I don't recall any issues in getting the paint perfect, outside our tent at one of the shows; it was either a Spring or Fall Carlisle.

I can't find any pictures...