Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard and Gloss Towels

Question

Has anyone else experienced what I'm experiencing? My H2O guard and gloss towels (borderless grays) have seem to become more and more resistant to water which makes using them to buff off H2O guard and gloss VERY VERY interesting.

I've thought about soaking them in a bucket of  VERY high concentration of Revitalizer or even the boiling trick, but I'm leaning towards just tossing them and buying a new batch.

Thoughts? 

16 answers to this question

TOSS THEM...in my direction!  :D

There are many posts about this subject. What you have observed is real.

I dedicate a small number of towels to HGG. After use I immediately soak them in a gallon or 2 of water with MF Revitalizer without any other towels, rinse, and machine wash with MF Revitalizer . Some folks machine wash the towels used for HGG separately. I have not done so...but have thought about it!.

Edited by LT1xL82

Has anyone else experienced what I'm experiencing? My H2O guard and gloss towels (borderless grays) have seem to become more and more resistant to water which makes using them to buff off H2O guard and gloss VERY VERY interesting.

I've thought about soaking them in a bucket of  VERY high concentration of Revitalizer or even the boiling trick, but I'm leaning towards just tossing them and buying a new batch.

Thoughts? 

How have you been cleaning the towels after applying HGG?

Since this product is water-activated, it is importation to get the product cleaned out of the towels immediately after you are done.  Do not let the product sit in the towels and cure.

My process is to rinse them out in the sink really good with warm water, to get most of the HGG out, then spray all sides of the towel with full-strength MRB, and really work the towel in your hands to get the detergent into the fibers.  Then I rinse them out, and repeat with the MRB.  On the final rinse, I will just half rinse the towels, leaving some MRB in the towel, not a lot, just a little. I then hang the towels to dry.  Once dry, I store them in a sealed tote until I get enough for a load in the washing machine.  I wash these towels separately, and use MRB in the washing machine on hot water, with an extra rinse.

One time, I just threw them into a bucket with a few ounces of MRB, and let them soak overnight,  When I rinsed them the next morning, I could tell that the HGG had cured in the fibers of the towel, and could not be rinsed out.

How have you been cleaning the towels after applying HGG?

Since this product is water-activated, it is importation to get the product cleaned out of the towels immediately after you are done.  Do not let the product sit in the towels and cure.

^^^

This is what I'm pretty confident happened. 

Probably just need to start over on the gray towels LOL. 

I do the same. The MF applicator works way better for me than a towel. For removal, I use an Adams plush grey borderless. (H2O G&G stained white single softs.) 

What is a good method to clean the applicators after use?

H2O G&G is some tough stuff to clean out of towels and applicators. I use MFB&R 16:1 in a container just big enough to hold the towel/applicator. Soak, scrub, rinse, repeat. It will take several iterations to get somewhat clean. Then I would set them aside to dry and wait until you have enough to justify, in your mind, doing a dedicated H2O G&G machine wash. 

Edited by LT1xL82

What is a good method to clean the applicators after use?

Clean the applicator that same as you would for the towels, like this:

My process is to rinse them out in the sink really good with warm water, to get most of the HGG out, then spray all sides of the towel with full-strength MRB, and really work the towel in your hands to get the detergent into the fibers.  Then I rinse them out, and repeat with the MRB.  On the final rinse, I will just half rinse the towels, leaving some MRB in the towel, not a lot, just a little. I then hang the towels to dry.  Once dry, I store them in a sealed tote until I get enough for a load in the washing machine.  I wash these towels separately, and use MRB in the washing machine on hot water, with an extra rinse.

I may have to try the microfiber applicator for h20. Love the product, but have to dedicate a few towels for wet application, and eventually the towels won't absorb liquid. Would cleaning the applicator with apc after use work well also, or should mfrb be the better choice?

I may have to try the microfiber applicator for h20. Love the product, but have to dedicate a few towels for wet application, and eventually the towels won't absorb liquid. Would cleaning the applicator with apc after use work well also, or should mfrb be the better choice?

If you clean the towels as I described above, they should last longer.

Use MRB, as it is specifically designed to break down the polymers in the sealant.