Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick and Rinseless wash

Nathan

Question

9 answers to this question

It won't hurt the rinseless wash to use the Sidekick, but it may be overkill unless you're wanting to minimize the number of towels that are rubbing the paint.  In my experience the rinseless wash doesn't leave an excessive amount of water on the paint and can be easily cleaned up with a drying towel and detail spray.

I would advise against using the Sidekick when using Rinseless Wash with a 5 gallon bucket and several plush microfiber towels, unless you are using it to hit cracks and crevices and remove some of the residue from the surface before drying with a plush microfiber towel (however, Rinseless Washing shouldn't be leaving too much product in cracks and crevices like a hose would anyway).

The wet microfiber towels used to clean the vehicle with the Rinseless Wash solution will leave some residue behind that needs to be dried and removed with a dry, plush microfiber to avoid any streaking - using the Sidekick to dry could potentially cause some streaking issues. So if you use the Sidekick, use it first to dry any pooled-up water, then follow with a plush microfiber like a Double Soft or Triple Soft Towel.

Did my first rinseless last night and found zero need to blow out the cracks and trouble spots. Any running water was completely manageable and once door jams and such were dried/detailed, that cured the source of the problem anyways. I also just ordered my sidekick yesterday too...may have to do a normal wash just to try this sucker out. My (gas) leafblower in the closed garage was getting old! Hahahahhaha.

I don't see anything wrong with using the GWDT after a RW. If it is too big, consider using a WW Towel instead...seriously similar material in a smaller size.

Was there a particular concern you have with using the GWDT?

Edited by LT1xL82

Is it a bad idea to use the GWDT for drying with rinseless?

No, personal chioce.  When I do a Rinseless Wash, I clean the panel, then wipe with a damp towel, spritz with DS, then dry with a Waterless Wash towel.  There is not much moisture to remove, and have done 2 cars with one WW towel.