Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Help For Flex?

dave 316

Question

I did a search and found nothing. I purchased a flex from Adams and was told they would always support it. I understand now the new pad system doesn't fit. Is this true, and what are my options? I don't want to use another company's system and I'm not replacing my Flex. Thanks in advance.

15 answers to this question

I did a search and found nothing. I purchased a flex from Adams and was told they would always support it. I understand now the new pad system doesn't fit. Is this true, and what are my options? I don't want to use another company's system and I'm not replacing my Flex. Thanks in advance.

they also said they would not buy from China. Things change. Now there own polisher is made in china . Your options now are buy another plate to adapt the there new pads or buy someone else's stuff.

I ordered my smaller backing plate from Amazon. You guys can get better shipping rates so it shouldn't be too bad.

I just did a search there for a Flex 4 3/8 mini backing plate.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Dave what exactly are you looking for, are you looking for Adams pads, there listed on the site, you machine can use a 6" pad per the manufacture instructions. Here are the links and go get what you need!

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-new-6-gray-foam-waxing-glazing-pad.html

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-new-6-red-foam-glazing-pad.html

Hope this helps and is what you are looking for.

Would've thought an Adams staff member would chime in here. I want to use the newest Adams pads, I don't want to try other companies. I also would like to make my purchases to make this work through Adams. If you are changing something, make the parts available from your site if they are out there to convert the machine you already paid for. Or, put out something new and force your customers to spend again. Oh well, I guess I'll have to call customer service. Thanks for the replies guys.

I need to make time. Seems they are avoiding responding for other members to be informed also. I finally found another few threads about this, and they didn't respond in there either. Here I am wanting to spend my money here, and I need to find the time to call. When I have the time and remember, they are closed. I'll get to it!!!

Hi Dave, we're not avoiding anything. This is the first time I've had a chance to see this thread. I'm the only Adam's full-time associate that visits the forum on a daily basis (our moderators do too), but I do have many other responsibilities as well. We're a small company and all of us are heavily tasked with many projects at the moment, so unfortunately I don't always see every thread on the forum, and our volunteer moderators may not have time to inform me of every thread as well if they are unable to resolve a particular issue. 

I will however always try to help out as best as I can. I will bring this topic up with Adam. There is still a desire for larger 6.5" and 7" pads to fit the Flex 3401 and Rupes 21 machines that we have previously offered, and I do realize that and apologize that we do not have those pads at the moment.

I can check with the shipping team as well to see if we have any older 5th generation pads still in stock for you to purchase, but currently our pad manufacturer is only supplying us with the 5.5" pads for Blue, Orange, and White Foam. We still have a supply of 6" pads for Gray and Red Foam Pads (which are actually closer to 6.5"), since those two pads don't sell as high of a frequency as the Blue, Orange, and White polishing pads.

From our AdamsForums User Agreement, the best and fastest way to resolve any customer service related issue is to contact us directly by phone or email:

The forum is a place to discuss techniques, get assistance with technical issues, and share a love of detailing. If you experience a problem with a shipment, product, or any other customer service related issue the fastest and most effective way to seek help is through any one of the following channels:

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Point missed.

I bought the machine from you, with the understanding from the information on your site that you would support it. I don't want discontinued pads, I want the newest stuff you guys develop. If there is a plate I can buy, and you don't carry it, provide the information on this site where I can get it. If you make no money on the sale referring me elsewhere, so be it. You gain respect from a paying customer by saying, we sold you an expensive piece of equipment that you may have been able to buy cheaper from somebody else and we appreciate that. We no longer sell said polisher, but we value your business so we offer the part you need to buy to stay current with our pad development. Or, the piece you need is this which you can buy from XYZ company. It is not cost effective for us to carry the part needed, but we don't want you our valued customer to feel we sold you a 350.00 polisher and now your only option is pads we have left in inventory that don't perform as well as our newly developed stuff.

Thats all I'm saying. Make a statement on the forum for your customers directing them how to proceed if they wish. Thats a good place to start. I am aware of the other companies that sell detailing products. I however choose to spend my money on Adams products because of the quality. There is plenty of room on the site and the fourms to offer a link to buy tools or adapters to make old polishers work with new pads if such things exist.

Again thanks for all you do, and providing the quality that I love!!

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry my response was not acceptable. I brought this to the attention of management, and I was informed that we do have a solution in the works to support the Flex 3401 polisher. We're all incredibly busy, so I was not aware that we recently received a shipment of the 4 3/8" Flex backing plates that will allow you to use our current 5.5" pads with the Flex. 

We have not had time to shoot the product photo and create the web page for this item yet, but we will work as quickly as possible to have the backing plates added to our site.

I will try to give you a call now to resolve this issue.

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

To all Adams loyalists. In the start of this thread I was venting small frustration. I'm as busy as the next guy when it comes to the extra time to make a phone call. I used this forum to air my issue. I missed a call today from Colorado which I was certain was a telemarketer. After seeing there was a voicemail I listened to it. It was Dan calling in person to apologize for my troubles and offer a solution. I will be calling back, and when I do I will be placing a very good size order to replace some things, and try some new products. This customer service, and the performance of the products is exactly why I can spend my money anywhere, but only choose to spend it here. Well done Adams!!!!!