Customer Service 866.965.0400

The beater gets some polishing test

Dwhite0960

Question

I decided that I wanted to get some strong before and after pics of just how much a good compound and polish help a vehicle look. I achieved the result I wanted and hope it helps get a few jobs this next year. I had 45 mins total in the hood including prep, compound, and polish. This was my wife's first car that got washed with gravel and Brillo pads one would think. It sat under a walnut tree for 10 years and hardly got any cleaning and when it did as we can tell oh my. I use it to save miles and gas on my truck when she feels up to a drive again the old girl is getting old with 275k I let her have breaks as she requests

post-13607-0-06395400-1485449033_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-05310700-1485449059_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-22682600-1485449070_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-86137100-1485449080_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-65137600-1485449095_thumb.jpg

post-13607-0-82473600-1485449105_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Sheweeeee that came out great!! What was the pad and polish combos for this?

Thanks John I'll send you a pm with the materials I used. I used adams rinseless wash and then followed with clay and detail spray to start with. I am working through some compound and polish I already have on hand prior to buying more at which point I will be trying out the Adams family

Edited by Dwhite0960

Nice work.  I've often toyed with the idea of going to a junkyard and getting a hood or something just to play around with to show clients the differences and what can be saved versus what can't be saved. 

You did a nice job turning that around!

Thanks Shane or def gets some good shots to show off your skills

Very impressive results! Great job!

Always nice to hear praises from Dan in my book. You helped me more than you probably noticed when I called asking questions when I first started out in this endeavor last year. I enjoy this new found addiction I have acquired from you crazies

That's really impressive!  It looks brand new!  Are you doing the whole car or just the hood?

I just did the hood and honestly don't forsee me doing the entire car. It has some clear coat failure near the trunk and tons of hail damage on the roof. It's just a daily point a to point b vehicle that might emplode at any moment. She has served my wife and now myself well but time is taking its toll