Customer Service 866.965.0400

Touch Up Question

Geebee

Question

Need some advise.....

I have a few spots that I can't polish out due to the depth. So I took touch up paint and filled in the spot. I added a little more paint as to get a little rounded top of the touch up so I could polish it down to match the finish.

Question......Should I use Adam's Correcting or Heavy Correcting Polish with a Micro Fiber cutting pad (blue or yellow) or the foam pad to flatten out the touched up area?  I've attached a few pics, but looking at them they look white. It's the glare from my garage lighting. 

I'll show the results if I get it right......If not.....Oh well.

post-15154-0-86640200-1485494754_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-38546400-1485494804_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Try the blob remover from Langka. Or wet sand. Polishing won't do much to the blob. By the time you polish it down there won't be much clear left around it, assuming you didn't mask it off.

Brian.....there really isn't that much of a blob of paint for the touch up. Just enough where I thought I could polish it down just enough to match the level of the paint.  I do plan to tape off the section of the touch up as not to destroy the clear surrounding it. I'm just not sure how much of the access paint touch up I can polish down with the Micro Fiber Blue or Yellow using either the Heavy Correcting or Correcting Polish.  Thinking....aggressive (Blue Micro Fiber then pad) would get the access down, or play it safe and go with the  Correcting Polish and make a few passes.  

Thanks for all the help guys!  :banana: I really appreciated your suggestions. I was able to get the touch up paint spots 99.9% blended with the factory paint job. Here's the skinny on what I used.

I taped off a larger than normal area so I could concentrate on the touched up area without touching the outside area.

4" Blue Micro Fiber Pad - 4" Blue Foam Pad--- 4 passes of each (alternating passes)

4" White Foam Pad with Adam's Finishing Polish--- 2 passes to finish the quality of the job.

The touch up blobs were polished down almost to the original paint level. I did find the Blob Remover on Amazon and for a couple of other spots, I'll try that. Anybody ever use it? Like it?

Once again, it took some time but the results came out pretty good. 

Thank You Adam's for some quality working materials. 

post-15154-0-59226900-1485561734_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-03418600-1485561752_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geebee

Nice work. Did you use heavy correcting compound with the blue pads? And you managed to skip the middle step of correcting polish by going straight to finishing?

Looks great!

Shane....Yea I didn't need to use the Correcting Polish. The Heavy stuff did the trick and then finished it off with the Finishing Polish.

blob eliminator and it made by a company called Lanka

I found the blob remover on Amazon and ordered a bottle. I'll give it a try on my other car that has a touched up spot on the rear quarter panel. Hopefully it will be less of an effort using this instead of polishing down the blob. I'll post the results with some pics if I can.

Edited by Geebee