Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dilute glass cleaner

Nathan

Question

Hey everyone, thanks for the help last time and I have run into another problem. I am low on glass cleaner, I don't want to buy more because I'm waiting for my next biggest order which won't be for a while, so can I dilute glass cleaner, and what do you recommend?

7 answers to this question

You can probably dilute GC but it's likely it will behave a little differently. I asked that same question a while back and the consensus was that it really isn't the best idea. As for the Carpet and Upholstery cleaner I think that would be one you wouldn't notice much difference with. Hopefully someone can chime in on this. I haven't diluted that one either, but I think it would work fine as long as you don't dilute it by more than 50:50.

I run the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in a Rug Dr machine to clean our household carpets yearly at the same recommendation as on the Rug Dr Shampoo bottle. 2oz product to, I believe, 3 gallons of water.

I'll sometimes add 1oz to the reservoir tank on my Bissell Little Pro Hot Water Extraction machine. I know the dirty water tank holds 48oz, so the solution tank is that size or less.

With these dilutions and the power of the machines carpets and upholstery come clean.

I run the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in a Rug Dr machine to clean our household carpets yearly at the same recommendation as on the Rug Dr Shampoo bottle. 2oz product to, I believe, 3 gallons of water.

I'll sometimes add 1oz to the reservoir tank on my Bissell Little Pro Hot Water Extraction machine. I know the dirty water tank holds 48oz, so the solution tank is that size or less.

With these dilutions and the power of the machines carpets and upholstery come clean.

Just like Dave said, I use Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in my Hoover mini carpet cleaner. I fill the water tank almost full with warm water, then add 1 oz of Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. It works great at cleaning the cream colored carpets and steps in my house!