Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless wash

buffalobob920

Question

19 answers to this question

I too just ordered some scuba gloves off eBay for washing when its like 35-50 degrees out.  It helps a lot as my hands were always my weakest link while washing in cold.  Now as long as its not too windy, its tolerable.  I haven't been able to get myself to try the rinse less wash yet.  When i want to wash mine in the winter, the truck is so nasty it just seems ridiculous to try rinse less.  But like I said, never tried, I may be missing out! lol

I have become a fan of rinseless washes, especially with our water restrictions we had/have out in Cali.  I however have been using multiple single softs and the Garry Dean method.  I feel like using 1 wash mitt for rinseless would be worse or as bad as using a single mitt for a regular wash.  I however am no where near an expert at rinseless washes so perhaps someone with more experience would not agree with me.  I do believe this is why the technique Adam's provided in the videos went from 1 double soft/ 2 buckets  in the old version of the rinseless videos, to multiple double softs in the new version. Hope this helps with your decision.

Yesterday I used the double soft and two bucket method I was just thinking when adam did these videos he didn't have these wash mitts I have a couple of them just thinking to save my hands from freezing in this cold weather I filled the buckets with warm water so that wasn't to bad

Thanks for your input

I'm not a fan of double or triple soft for rinseless washing. Wonderful towels, but they hold/waste too much solution and are a bit bulky to get into tight areas. In my mind waterless waffle weave towels or single softs are the towel of choice. Garry Dean method works really well with rinseless... there are many clean sides to a handful of folded waterless waffle weave towels.   :)

When I rinseless wash I use double soft towels to wash with the bucket of towels method, and to dry I also use the double soft. In winter I always use the hottest water because it feels good. I haven't bought the wash mitt yet because I like the double soft method.

Would you recommend using a wash mit instead of the double soft towels when doing a rinseless wash especially when the weather in New York is cold just your thoughts

Thanks

Hi Bob, I have been using Rinseless methods for over ten years if not longer. I myself use a three wash mitts, one for the tops of cars, one for the sides and the last one I use only on the bottom half of the car to prevent any surface damage. I like both ways but find the Witt way if faster, and I also squeeze a little extra Rinseless juice in the water for added protection. Hope this helps.

When I rinseless wash I use double soft towels to wash with the bucket of towels method, and to dry I also use the double soft. In winter I always use the hottest water because it feels good. I haven't bought the wash mitt yet because I like the double soft method.

Same here, except I use distilled water that's stored indoors until needed.  I remember reading somewhere on the forums that distilled water works best for rinseless washes, but I don't remember why.  It still gets a little cold after I'm out there for a while, so I also invested in some cold-water scuba gloves that do a great job keeping my hands warm.  They can be a bit bulky to work with, but it's better than freezing hands.

Hey thanks for all of your thoughts and methods of doing a rinseless wash

Just on Adams videos I found two clips one using a two bucket wash with them using about four to five double soft towels and then there was one clip using just one bucket with about two or three towels a little confusing then there is Garry dean's method only use one towel and don't reuse it only use a clean towel after you used all four sides of the towel which that makes sense to me

Garry's method  (bucket of towels) is mainly about not reintroducing the wash media back into the wash water.  Use as many sides of the towel as you are comfortable with (you can all '8' sides if you like), then taking another towel out of the wash bucket for next section.  I have filled up the wash bucket with a few  towels, then traveled several hours to do a detail (in an airplane hanger for a special event).       

... I remember reading somewhere on the forums that distilled water works best for rinseless washes...

I use distilled water to mix rinseless. 

Mixing up a few gallons in a bucket and disposing it after 1 wash is a bit wasteful. Using the Garry Dean method keeps the solution clean so a lid to be placed on the bucket saving the solution for future use.

A slightly modified approach approach I use is to mix up a gallon in a 1 gallon bottle. Stuff a clean towel into a small container and add enough solution until towel wet (not dripping wet). (Pre-soak panel as needed.) Use folded towel flipping to clean side as needed. Set towel aside for laundry. Repeat! Using Adams Waterless Wash towels, it will take WAAY less than a gallon to do a vehicle. 

Edited by LT1xL82

I use distilled water to mix rinseless.

Mixing up a few gallons in a bucket and disposing it after 1 wash is a bit wasteful. Using the Garry Dean method keeps the solution clean so a lid to be placed on the bucket saving the solution for future use.

How long will this solution last before it becomes not usable? I've been doing this to get a couple washes and it seems the older it gets ( not longer than 1 week ) the harder it is to wipe off. Using 2oz with 1 gallon of distilled water and 16-1 ratio in spray bottle also with distilled water.

How long will this solution last before it becomes not usable? I've been doing this to get a couple washes and it seems the older it gets ( not longer than 1 week ) the harder it is to wipe off. Using 2oz with 1 gallon of distilled water and 16-1 ratio in spray bottle also with distilled water.

Good question...I don't know exactly. :)

I mix up 1 gallon at a time in, yep, 1 gallon containers! Use the same container the distilled water came in if you like. I do 128:1 and 16:1. I have stored it for months and haven't seemed to have any problems with it. Store it at reasonable temperatures and out of direct sunlight.

... When i want to wash mine in the winter, the truck is so nasty it just seems ridiculous to try rinse less. ...

I rinse off the vehicle at a coin op (water only) or a garden hose (can make a dirty, icy mess) and then do a rinseless wash in the garage.

I guess premixing a gallon(s) shouldnt degrade the properties or effect ability any, should it? I mean, we dilute tons of other stuff all the time and it sits forever like that. Never thought of using distilled water for this job either.. If you're using QD as a drying aide after a rinseless wash and don't have hard water at home, is there really any gain though?

I did my first rinseless wash the other day and did ~1.5 oz to three gallons (measured). Used six double softs that never went back in the bucket after use. I had quite a bit of solution/mix left over. Never thought about saving it. But, it's not distilled either, so...

Edited by galaxy

I use distilled water for diluting all car care chemicals. Tap water may work fine, but it is a crap shoot...varies all over the map. Logic tells me the longer one plans to store the solution, the more important it is to use distilled water.

I use distilled water for diluting all car care chemicals. Tap water may work fine, but it is a crap shoot...varies all over the map. Logic tells me the longer one plans to store the solution, the more important it is to use distilled water.

Oh yea, agreed.  Anything I have diluted (except an APC, tire dressing, or something greasy like that) is diluted with distilled.  Just never thought about rinseless as I compared it to doing a normal bucket wash for some reason.  But...makes sense.  Especially if storing it like you said.

I'm not a fan of double or triple soft for rinseless washing. Wonderful towels, but they hold/waste too much solution and are a bit bulky to get into tight areas. In my mind waterless waffle weave towels or single softs are the towel of choice. Garry Dean method works really well with rinseless... there are many clean sides to a handful of folded waterless waffle weave towels. :)