Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often is too often for Rinseless?

jakerodz7

Question

Hello All,

I know there is no perfect answer but perhaps a close estimate would be easier to provide. 

I like to keep my car as clean as possible, as I am sure we all do ;) , and with it sitting outside 24/7 it does tend to get dusty a couple of days after a wash.  I was doing a rinseless wash every morning for a while because of the precipitation that was accumulating on the paint overnight and the runoff from that which made the paint look extra dirty.  I was informed that because rinseless has wax in it eventually that would build up enough to inhibit beading (doing it, as I was, on a daily basis).  Thus leading to the title of this post: how often is too often?  What am I safe with doing without affecting the beading factor of the paint protection?

A follow up question would be: Would I be safer using waterless every day? I know the old version or waterless had no additives, but what about the current version?

Thanks as always for your input! 

15 answers to this question

I really don't think the amount of wax you are adding with Rinseless Wash will add up to any significant amount. You're probably removing a little wax every time you wash anyway.  And staying outside your protection will degrade naturally.

I think you'll be fine and you'll always be driving a clean car.  Win-win!

I agreemwiyh the post above that it won't be a significant buildup. I would use waterless wash in the morning if it isn't very dirty. You could also use detail spray, but that builds up so if you use it do a few days of detail spray, then a day of rinseless or waterless wash.

As far as the waterless having a wax additive, I don't think it does, but detail spray does have a wax additive.

I really don't think the amount of wax you are adding with Rinseless Wash will add up to any significant amount. You're probably removing a little wax every time you wash anyway.  And staying outside your protection will degrade naturally.

I think you'll be fine and you'll always be driving a clean car.  Win-win!

Thank you for your input as always!

I agreemwiyh the post above that it won't be a significant buildup. I would use waterless wash in the morning if it isn't very dirty. You could also use detail spray, but that builds up so if you use it do a few days of detail spray, then a day of rinseless or waterless wash.

As far as the waterless having a wax additive, I don't think it does, but detail spray does have a wax additive.

Thank you for your input, you actually answered another one of my questions about if the detail spray had a wax additive, so thanks for the bonus there lol.  I think I will stick to rinseless, I don't know what it is about detail spray but I don't feel it is as safe to use even if I don't drive much on a daily basis. 

I personally don't think you can use too much RW. I say keep her clean! :)

Appreciate the input, I will definitely not worry about it then and give her a rinseless between washes whenever she starts looking dirty. 

Maybe its off your topic a bit, but what I would worry about is the excessive amount of times your touching your paint.  Seems it would eventually create swirls, the more you touch it the more swirling, its inevitable.

You're absolutely right. I did try to be extra cautious when I was doing it daily and barely touched the surface of the paint. I checked it under a swirl finder light and so far I was fortunate to not install any in my paint. I do plan on correcting it next time I have a couple days off.

I say wash away, I do mine every few days because it's black, with that said I also put a coat of wax every two to three weeks, I just like it looking good, you know, just like you do with your auto.

I like what you're saying. I bet it is a big pain keeping black paint clean as I feel it would show everything.  I was thinking about doing exactly that, probably going over the car with buttery about once a month, and then every 3 months or so hitting it with some Americana.  Then of course LPS every 6 months or so. 

I like your thinking. One of my customers just asked me this Monday why did I buy a black truck I told home I bought black because I shows off my detailing talents even though it's double the work.

I like your comment Joe!  I have 2 black cars and your right......it's double the work keeping them clean and swirl free. But being a retired person with a case of Auto Detailing OCD, lots of time to play!  :banana:

I like your comment Joe!  I have 2 black cars and your right......it's double the work keeping them clean and swirl free. But being a retired person with a case of Auto Detailing OCD, lots of time to play!  :banana:

Gary I know that feeling all to well lol, evertime I think about buying a car and think I'm going to buy a white one, then something makes me snap out of it and I come to my senses and buy the black one again. In my book it's worth the work and all it glory!

Hello All,

I know there is no perfect answer but perhaps a close estimate would be easier to provide. 

I like to keep my car as clean as possible, as I am sure we all do ;) , and with it sitting outside 24/7 it does tend to get dusty a couple of days after a wash.  I was doing a rinseless wash every morning for a while because of the precipitation that was accumulating on the paint overnight and the runoff from that which made the paint look extra dirty.  I was informed that because rinseless has wax in it eventually that would build up enough to inhibit beading (doing it, as I was, on a daily basis).  Thus leading to the title of this post: how often is too often?  What am I safe with doing without affecting the beading factor of the paint protection?

A follow up question would be: Would I be safer using waterless every day? I know the old version or waterless had no additives, but what about the current version?

Thanks as always for your input! 

Wax build up will not inhibit beading, but it could cause the finish to eventually have a cloudy or less shiny finish with too many layers. If you are making sure to fully buff off all Rinseless residue, it should not be affecting wax or sealant much if at all. The amount of shine in Rinseless Wash is minimal, so it should not build up too much. Cleaning every day might be a little overkill, but I can understand that you want to keep the vehicle always looking clean :)

Waterless is a ready-to-use (RTU) formula that doesn't require any measuring/diluting/etc like Rinseless Wash. The current version of Waterless Wash does have a very small amount of shine enhancement to it, but it is very minimal.

Gary I know that feeling all to well lol, evertime I think about buying a car and think I'm going to buy a white one, then something makes me snap out of it and I come to my senses and buy the black one again. In my book it's worth the work and all it glory!

Joe, here's a pic of one my "glory's"..... after a complete wash,clay,polish,paint sealant....etc.....etc. The wife an I just bought this 2015 Mercedes Benz E350 conv. a month ago and boy did it need some cleanup work. Thinking....maybe I should start a "Black Detail" thread and all the members who have black cars and trucks can post some detailing stories. 

Sorry if this post doesn't follow this topic thread, so Dan if you want to move it that's fine. I just wanted to answer back to Joe's post

post-15154-0-26268400-1486130720_thumb.jpg

Joe, here's a pic of one my "glory's"..... after a complete wash,clay,polish,paint sealant....etc.....etc. The wife an I just bought this 2015 Mercedes Benz E350 conv. a month ago and boy did it need some cleanup work. Thinking....maybe I should start a "Black Detail" thread and all the members who have black cars and trucks can post some detailing stories. 

Sorry if this post doesn't follow this topic thread, so Dan if you want to move it that's fine. I just wanted to answer back to Joe's post

Gary I just paint corrected that same exact car last Monday here in southern cal. Since you are in extreme weather up there make sure you always treat the roof with either a Mercedes product or another brand and the convertible will stay golden. Nice cars keep it up!

Gary I just paint corrected that same exact car last Monday here in southern cal. Since you are in extreme weather up there make sure you always treat the roof with either a Mercedes product or another brand and the convertible will stay golden. Nice cars keep it up!

Joe....I plan too on the next wash. Got some Ragg Top cleaner and sealant.