Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Glass cleaner

Ls1transam

So I had a chance to try out the new glass cleaner today.

Likes: this stuff is definitely stronger than the old glass cleaner. And it is basically streak free. The only time I noticed it streaking was when my towel was loaded with product. So if it streaks it's pretty much your fault and not the cleaner. It removes fingerprint smudges, smears, whatever with ease. Paired with the new green glass cleaning microfiber towels the results are just simply amazing. Sidenote, this product needs to be shaken a lot or it will be very runny once it hits the glass. I noticed I needed to shake it almost after every application.

Dislikes: I wish it was a little more foamy. That's more of a personal preference than a dislike really. It seems to scatter on the dash and the inside of the car more than the other glass cleaner. Or maybe where this is a foam type cleaner I can see it better and the older cleaner has the same characteristics. Also, it's stained the dash and a door panel white in spots. I used the TID afterwards to try and remove them and it helped some but didn't completely take away the white spots. This is very concerning to me. I'll do some more testing on a later date. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. The car was in the direct sun, the panels werent really hot as it is only about 40° today .

I haven't used it on any interior glass. And I'm not sure I will to be honest. Between what you just mentioned and the questions about aftermarket tints, I think the spray is safer than the aerosol.

I will use it on exterior glass though where it will hopefully work effectively. I've used it on one vehicle and wasn't disappointed.

Also, it's stained the dash and a door panel white in spots. I used the TID afterwards to try and remove them and it helped some but didn't completely take away the white spots. This is very concerning to me. I'll do some more testing on a later date. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. The car was in the direct sun, the panels werent really hot as it is only about 40° today .

Adams pros, any explanation for this? New glass cleaner staining the dash and doors? 

I guess I'll save my aerosol for mainly the outside windows then. All of my 4Runner's interior is dark.. white spots wouldn't look too great  :wacko:

Adams pros, any explanation for this? New glass cleaner staining the dash and doors?

I guess I'll save my aerosol for mainly the outside windows then. All of my 4Runner's interior is dark.. white spots wouldn't look too great :wacko:

Hoping it's an error on my part somehow, my other car has black leather. I don't want it stained.

Hoping it's an error on my part somehow, my other car has black leather. I don't want it stained.

Haha no offense, but I'm hoping it's an error on your part too lol. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the alcohol addition though. I mean, Adams can't have a high strength glass cleaner without a few downsides as well. I'm wondering if this is one.

I haven't tried the new stuff yet so I can't say if I like it or not.  But,  every single time I clean the glass in either car I either put a bath towel on the dash or paper towels. I never spray any kind of glass cleaner directly on the glass without it.   Or you can try spraying the towel and wiping it on that way.  I get good results that way too.  

I haven't tried the new stuff yet so I can't say if I like it or not. But, every single time I clean the glass in either car I either put a bath towel on the dash or paper towels. I never spray any kind of glass cleaner directly on the glass without it. Or you can try spraying the towel and wiping it on that way. I get good results that way too.

I thought about doing it that way too. This new cleaner really removes the junk off of glass though.

Likes: this stuff is definitely stronger than the old glass cleaner. And it is basically streak free. The only time I noticed it streaking was when my towel was loaded with product. So if it streaks it's pretty much your fault and not the cleaner. It removes fingerprint smudges, smears, whatever with ease. Paired with the new green glass cleaning microfiber towels the results are just simply amazing. Sidenote, this product needs to be shaken a lot or it will be very runny once it hits the glass. I noticed I needed to shake it almost after every application.

Dislikes: I wish it was a little more foamy. That's more of a personal preference than a dislike really. It seems to scatter on the dash and the inside of the car more than the other glass cleaner. Or maybe where this is a foam type cleaner I can see it better and the older cleaner has the same characteristics. Also, it's stained the dash and a door panel white in spots. I used the TID afterwards to try and remove them and it helped some but didn't completely take away the white spots. This is very concerning to me. I'll do some more testing on a later date. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. The car was in the direct sun, the panels werent really hot as it is only about 40° today .

Try the Leather & Interior Cleaner to remove the spotting. If you don't have a bottle, I can send you one no cost. TID is a light cleaner and protectant, so it may not be strong enough to remove the spots. If you can attach a picture to help troubleshoot that would be appreciated too. If you get over spray onto interior panels, make sure to wipe them off right then and not let the product sit too long. I've cleaned the interior door panels on my car that are a combination of leather, plastic, and suede, and did get some over spray onto these areas. I quickly wiped them off with a second towel and had zero issues.

I've noticed with the Aerosol Glass Cleaner that colder temperatures do not allow it to foam as much. There's nothing we can do about that since it is all in how the propellant works in the can. In the warmer temperatures in my garage or house right now, it foams up like crazy. 

I haven't used it on any interior glass. And I'm not sure I will to be honest. Between what you just mentioned and the questions about aftermarket tints, I think the spray is safer than the aerosol.

I will use it on exterior glass though where it will hopefully work effectively. I've used it on one vehicle and wasn't disappointed.

See above, I've used it on interior glass and got overspray onto the door panel on my personal vehicle and a friend's Silverado with aftermarket tint. I did not have any issues with either application/removal.

Glad I saw this post. One thing I will probably do is treat my dash with the L con prior to using the cleaner. Might even lay a towel down to ensure what you mentioned cannot happen.

Those are both great ideas, and sometimes I do lay an old Great White Drying Towel across the dash to minimize over spray.

I guess I'll save my aerosol for mainly the outside windows then. All of my 4Runner's interior is dark.. white spots wouldn't look too great  :wacko:

I don't know the entire context of the situation - what type of vehicle? What type of materials on dash and door panel? Were they clean or dusty to begin with? Did the panels have any other type of product already on them from Adam's or another brand prior to cleaning the glass? Several factors could contribute to why it acted this way. Quickly wipe up any over spray residue and you should be fine.

Haha no offense, but I'm hoping it's an error on your part too lol. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the alcohol addition though. I mean, Adams can't have a high strength glass cleaner without a few downsides as well. I'm wondering if this is one.

Alcohol should have nothing to do with creating any white spots. The product does foam up as a white color though, so my best guess with the information I have currently is that the foaming agent and other cleaners sat on the non-glass surfaces for too long before being wiped off. Alcohol is routinely used to wipe paint, plastic, and rubber trim on exterior surfaces to get them as clean as possible before applying a ceramic coating for example, and does not stain or cause spotting in those instances.

Thanks for the reply Dan, and for the offer on the interior cleaner. I have 2 bottles of it at home already lol. I was going to try that last night after the TID but I had to go clay and wax a GT500 ????. I'll try the actual Interior cleaner this evening. The vehicle is a 2003 Toyota Corolla. It's was slightly dusty and previously cleaned with Adam's Interior cleaner and dressed with The Leather Conditioner. I wiped the foam off immediately and it still left the white spots. The dash is a Leather like substance, I doubt it actual Leather. Also left some white spots on the plastic trim of the door panels. It's not a big deal since it's just a daily beater. I'll have to lay something down next time so I can keep the overspray from falling on the dash and such. I never thought about the temp being a factor in its foamyness. Hoping I can find a remedy and hopefully it works well on aftermarket tint. Because it's cleaning power and streak free finish is amazing.

If I may chime in on this, I never spray anything directly on surfaces, I always spray onto my microfibers and then wipe my windows clean, this helps to eliminate problem like these. It also helps prevent streaking.

If I may chime in on this, I never spray anything directly on surfaces, I always spray onto my microfibers and then wipe my windows clean, this helps to eliminate problem like these. It also helps prevent streaking.

I'm actually gonna try that next time I clean glass.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a can in my order today and tried it.  Wife tried it first on the kitchen windows and she thought it was great.  Tons of foam (shake the can up first) and it really cleaned the windows well.  I had washed the car two days ago and cleaned (at least that's what I thought) the windshield, but when I drove the car I could barely see out the front.  Smeared, streaky, and dirt was sticking so bad that when the sun hit it I couldn't see hardly anything.  

Tried the new glass cleaner today on it and just sprayed it on the windshield, used the new blue glass towels, and with one application the windshield was streak free and clean.  Very happy with this new formula. Sticks great, didn't run, foamed well, and cleaned like I hoped it would.  I think this is a winner.  

I tried it on my aftermarket tint and I haven't noticed any difference.

It works great at cleaning off the nose art my dogs kindly leave me on all 7 of my rear windows :)

Edited by Mariner

I guess if it was going to hurt anything it would have by now.

John it won't hurt a fly, there are many glass cleaner made with alcohol, I've tinted thousands of cars, I've never had one problem, the only time I've seen problems are when people use window cleaners with ammonia.

So spray away!