Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze on Inside of Windshield

moons21

Question

I just finished watching the video for using the Brilliant Glaze to remove haze from the inside of your windshield.

Great idea and tip for 2 of my 3 vehicles, the question I have is for my Camaro with the Heads Up Display (HUD).  I know the windshield for HUD cars is different in some way from regular Camaro's and I'm wondering if the glaze will cause any issues with the display? 

Has anyone tried this yet or should we wait for someone from the Adam's team to give an opinion.

Thanks

Greg

​Windshields also different on Corvettes with HUD and non HUD equipped. Has to do with the properties of the glass for reflective purposes only. 

​Have used Adam's Brilliant Glaze as well as Adam's Buttery Wax on the interior of windshields on both types of Corvette windshields with NO adverse effects....................glass is perfect without any streaks to be found anywhere.

Im with Andrew, is there any evidence of keeping that haze away longer?

I've yet to try BG myself as it's been too cold for me to clean my glass but I do wonder about this too. In the video Adam says he only has to do this twice a year and only cleans with a clean towel in between. Maybe it's not that it stops it from happening but that it helps it not attach itself to the windshield?

​did the Brilliant Glaze on the inside of the windows of my CTS coupe which has tint on the sides and back window...........

​did the windshield AND the back glass (tinted 3M brand)

​no issues with removal using microfiber towel, actually used borderless gray, and NO issues using it on the film on the back glass

Tried this trick today and it worked great.  Glass is super smooth after applying the brilliant glaze and you don't get any of the towel drag that you seem to get when just using a glass cleaner and a microfiber towel.

This will be my first time using the Forums and also Adam's Brilliant Glaze on windshields! Just wanted to get some insight as to how this stuff does when applying it to glass and also how long does it typically stay on before i would have to re apply the product?

Thanks,

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

I have never had brilliant glaze before. Saw the video of Adam applying it and loved the results in the video. Went to my local Adams distributor and grabbed a bottle. Applied it that afternoon and am in love with it. Windows are still spotless and clean after 2 weeks. Normally I would have had to clean them already.

First, welcome to the addiction, Mike! Be sure to go post an intro in the New Member Check-in thread...

As for BG on the windshield...best...product...hack...EVER! In the above video, Adam says he applies it about twice a year. But as with most products, your mileage will vary. It doesn't take much at all to do the interior of the windshield, so when the haze comes back, simply reapply it. What I can promise, though, is the sooner you do it, the happier you'll be! :)

As for BG on the windshield...best...product...hack...EVER! In the above video, Adam says he applies it about twice a year. But as with most products, your mileage will vary. It doesn't take much at all to do the interior of the windshield, so when the haze comes back, simply reapply it. What I can promise, though, is the sooner you do it, the happier you'll be! :)

I was stoked about the BG the first time I used it, but I found myself having to apply it again a few weeks later, and now 2 weeks later, my windshield is hazed up again. I'm going to need another method.

I was stoked about the BG the first time I used it, but I found myself having to apply it again a few weeks later, and now 2 weeks later, my windshield is hazed up again. I'm going to need another method.

Hmm. Have you checked your cabin filter, Dustin? I imagine you're using the A/C more often now in the heat (it was in the 50s here today, by the way), which may be churning more air through your system than you did during the "winter" there in FL. Any off gassing in the car mixed with dirty air might be contributing to the increased haze. Just a thought.

I believe your car routinely sits for a few weeks while you are on duty. I wonder if a hot interior with little airflow is making for an ideal environment for out gassing to collect on the interior glass?

My exact thoughts as well