Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning sheepskin seat covers

joelilton23

Question

Going to be cleaning my partners fathers car for the first time - it has genuine sheepskin/lambswool seat covers that have a couple of small stains on them, which look like drink marks. Any advice on how to clean these? Any Adam's products that will suit this application?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

If you need to spot-clean a spill, simply use cool water and a gentle dish detergent, such as Ivory liquid hand soap, on target areas. Allow to air dry (do NOT use any direct heat source, such as a blow-dryer). It would be good to brush the area when its dry as some matting may occur from the cleaning process.

If you’d like to give your seat covers some overall sprucing up, simply remove them, give them a good shaking outside in the fresh air, and use cool water and a gentle dish detergent (such as Ivory liquid hand soap) to spot-clean any soiled areas. Let dry out of direct sunlight.

After they are dry, toss your sheepskin seat covers into the dryer and set on AIR FLUFF (absolutely do NOT USE HEAT). Toss in some tennis balls or a clean sneaker or two, air fluff for 15 minutes, open the dryer and clean the filter, and then give them another 15-20 minutes on AIR FLUFF (do NOT USE HEAT). Remove from the dryer and reinstall on your car seat—your seat covers will look like new again.

If the stains are stubborn and you need something stronger, you could use some diluted Adam's carpet and upholstery cleaner and dab the spots.  Only other thing that might be okay to use would be something like a Tide stick.  

Going to be cleaning my partners fathers car for the first time - it has genuine sheepskin/lambswool seat covers that have a couple of small stains on them, which look like drink marks. Any advice on how to clean these? Any Adam's products that will suit this application?

Thanks!

Joel they make sheepskin detergent for the cleaning of sheepskins, if you end up getting them very wet the skins can take up to 24hours to dry.

If you want to fluff them first I would get a metal dog/animal brush to brush them out and fluff the to there original shape, sometimes this will brush out dirt that sits on top of the pelt. For heavily soiled sheeps i send them to the dry cleaners.