Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to detailing World what are the steps wash through finish.

DSG Cobra

Question

5 answers to this question

Welcome.

- strip wash

- paint decontamination (wheel cleaner mixed 1:1 with distilled water)

- clay

- polish

- seal

- glaze

- wax

The final three vary in order. Some glaze, seal and wax. Some just seal. Some just wax. Some glaze and seal. Some seal and wax.

I would not glaze than seal, because the sealant does not bond well to the Brilliant Glaze. I would recommend Paint Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and top with a wax.

An alternate choice instead of sealant would be a ceramic coating.

I would not glaze than seal, because the sealant does not bond well to the Brilliant Glaze. I would recommend Paint Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and top with a wax.

There's conflicting information regarding the glaze prior to sealant.  Even Adam's staff has said they see no real difference in durability.  Purists say the sealant goes right onto the paint.  It can be done either way.  I tend to fall in the seal, glaze and wax category.

I recently glazed, then sealed for a customer, sort of as an experiment. It seemed to work beautifully. I'm waiting to see how it affects the longevity of the sealant. But I've read a lot of posts that claim the difference is negligible. But yes, it would make sense that it would do better with naked paint.