Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealing Applicator

neontrucks

Question

Can an applicator used for glass sealant be cleaned/washed? I have both APC and micofiber revitalized.

Wash with other microfiber, or best to just toss it?

One of mine has some black stuff from some window trim I didn't clean.

I'm refering to the grey microfiber applicator pads.

Edited by neontrucks

10 answers to this question

This is what Adams article says:

Just like with towels, separate any extremely dirty or contaminated pads from the group and wash separately to avoid cross contamination.

Wash pads and applicators separate from towels. The foam backing and velcro can become snagged and damaged during agitation by a towel in the same load.

Use a brush to break up heavy, caked in, polish residues on pads before washing.

Microfiber Revitalizer is preferred, but if using regular laundry soap make sure its dye/perfume free.

Set washer to a warm setting, not hot. Pads have a glue membrane that is sensitive to high heat so stick to warm wash water settings.

Air dry all pads and applicators on a wire rack to maximize airflow and expedite drying.

I would read this article here: http://adamspolishes.com/how-to-wash-microfiber-towels

Take your applicator pad to the kitchen sink and use some APC on it and clean it like your other pads. Not in the washing machine. Rinse it out real good and let it air dry.

Thanks, am doing some towels tonight, just wondering if I should have tossed it in the washer.

Take your applicator pad to the kitchen sink and use some APC on it and clean it like your other pads.  Not in the washing machine.  Rinse it out real good and let it air dry.  

Deleted

Edited by Geebee