Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirlkiller vs. Hand Application

slalom38

Question

If I'm layering, starting with a sealant, and then go with a glaze, then a wax, will using the SK compromise, enhance or have no effect on the durability of the sealants protective performance FS vs. hand application of 1 or more of the products?

Also...glaze then wax, or wax then glaze?

I'm assuming that using the sk for application will give the best result in terms of shine and be more efficient in terms of consistency of the amount of product being applied. Am I on track or confused?

Edited by slalom38

10 answers to this question

The SK will definitely provide better polishing results. As for the visual products, you can go machine or hand. Machine may be a little quicker for some of them and more even. Remember to use it on low speed. The only difference between hand versus machine is how long it takes to apply. I always apply paste wax by hand though. It's just my thing.

I would use the machine for sealant, it will provide better results. Only apply brilliant glaze by hand, and only apply the paste waxes by hand, you can apply liquid waxes with the swirl killer, but I would recommend by hand for accuracy and because Adams waxes are so easy to apply.

I would use the machine for sealant, it will provide better results. Only apply brilliant glaze by hand, and only apply the paste waxes by hand, you can apply liquid waxes with the swirl killer, but I would recommend by hand for accuracy and because Adams waxes are so easy to apply.

Curious as to your thoughts on why Brilliant Glaze to be applied only by hand? I apply with machine (as do others) and haven't had any issues?

I only apply it by hand because Adams products are very easy to apply by hand, and I heard somewhere that you are not supposed to apply it by machine.

Not sure where you heard that, but you can absolutely apply Brilliant Glaze by machine, at a low speed setting, just like applying Buttery Wax or Paint Sealant. We recommend our 6" Red Foam Pad to apply Brilliant Glaze with the Swirl Killer, so as to keep the product separated from the Gray Foam Pads for Paint Sealant/Buttery Wax.

For large areas like the hood, door panels, roof, etc, I almost always grab the machine to apply BG if I'm working in my garage since I can be more efficient with it - takes me a minute or so to apply to an entire hood for example. Tight areas or edges of panels, I will still apply by hand with either a Red or Yellow Hex Grip.

To apply the Brilliant Glaze, I use my cordless drill with the ADAM'S 4” CORDLESS DRILL BACKING PLATE .

with the ADAM'S 4" RED FOAM PAD . Just use a really slow speed to spread the Glaze to get an even coverage. Don't put it on to thick. Nice even thin coating works perfect. Everything else goes on by hand.

Edited by Geebee

Not sure where you heard that, but you can absolutely apply Brilliant Glaze by machine, at a low speed setting, just like applying Buttery Wax or Paint Sealant. We recommend our 6" Red Foam Pad to apply Brilliant Glaze with the Swirl Killer, so as to keep the product separated from the Gray Foam Pads for Paint Sealant/Buttery Wax.

For large areas like the hood, door panels, roof, etc, I almost always grab the machine to apply BG if I'm working in my garage since I can be more efficient with it - takes me a minute or so to apply to an entire hood for example. Tight areas or edges of panels, I will still apply by hand with either a Red or Yellow Hex Grip.

I just layed down a coat of buttery wax by hand.  It's very easy, but also easy to be inconsistent.  I'm thinking I'm going to lay down a 2nd coat using the SK (which I just got, but haven't used yet) using a grey pad on the SK.  I'm hoping it will provide a more even application,and probably end up using less wax.

Yes, no,maybe?