Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Sealant won't come out

Ls1transam

Question

11 answers to this question

If you are cleaning the applicator really soon after use, with enough Microfiber Revitalizer and warm/hot water and the rinse runs clear, the staining that is left is there to stay. I don't believe it will effect the function of the applicator in the least.

If you are cleaning the applicator really soon after use, with enough Microfiber Revitalizer and warm/hot water and the rinse runs clear, the staining that is left is there to stay. I don't believe it will effect the function of the applicator in the least.

I tried to clean it right after I used it. Guess it'll just have to stay there.

When I clean my hex grips, even after application I will get them soaked in hot water, and after fully saturated I will spray some APC directly onto the usable surface, and gently agitate with my thumbs. I will then let it sit for a few min before agitating under running warm/hot water and then setting out to dry after im done. I have not had any problems with staining of my hex grips due to PS 

Edited by pirahnah3

Adams has a video on cleaning pads. (If memory serves me, they used APC. I use Microfiber Revitalizer instead.)

Spray the Microfiber Revitalizer directly onto the applicator being cleaned. I use anywhere from 16:1 to 3:1. Some folks use it full strength...which might be 

good for your application. (PS and it seems H2O G&G especially is some tough stuff to clean from applicators and towels.)

If all this doesn't work, as long as you have cleaned the applicator well, I would not worry about the stains.

I'll just let it be. I always use APC for pads and applicators. Paint Sealant always seems to be stubborn.

Yep, since it's an acrylic sealant rather than a polish or wax, Paint Sealant does bond to the material better and is more difficult to clean out of the foam hex grips, microfiber applicator blocks, and microfiber towels. Even my red hex grip that I use for Americana/Patriot and the yellow hex grip that I use for Buttery Wax don't always come 100% clean after washing. It looks to me like you got the applicator as clean as possible without causing any damage to the foam - the small amount of staining will not impact performance for future applications.

Yep, since it's an acrylic sealant rather than a polish or wax, Paint Sealant does bond to the material better and is more difficult to clean out of the foam hex grips, microfiber applicator blocks, and microfiber towels. Even my red hex grip that I use for Americana/Patriot and the yellow hex grip that I use for Buttery Wax don't always come 100% clean after washing. It looks to me like you got the applicator as clean as possible without causing any damage to the foam - the small amount of staining will not impact performance for future applications.

That was my main concern. Thanks for the help.