Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Long Should I Wait to Perform Daily Driver Detail After Sealing?

Devil 'n the Detail

Question

I bought a black 2013 Ford F150 a couple of weeks ago. We finally got a break in the weather, and I had it polished, sealed, and glazed yesterday. I plan on using the daily driver detail as my standard wash and doing a complete detail/paint correction every few months. My question is how long should I wait to do the first daily driver detail? I don't want to prematurely degraded the glaze that was put on yesterday, but I do want to keep the paint as protected as possible. 

Edited by Devil 'n the Detail

9 answers to this question

I bought a black 2013 Ford F150 a couple of weeks ago. We finally got a break in the weather, and I had it polished, sealed, and glazed yesterday. I plan on using the daily driver detail as my standard wash and doing a complete detail/paint correction every few months. My question is how long should I wait to do the first daily driver detail? I don't want to prematurely degraded the glaze that was put on yesterday, but I do want to keep the paint as protected as possible. 

If you put the BG over the PS, then it will only last few weeks whether you wash it or not.  And BG does not add protection.

Doing a correction every few months is a little bit of overkill.  In theory, if you are using the proper wash methods, you should only have to correct the truck once in its lifetime.  But we all live in the real world, so once or twice a year should be sufficient.  Remember the clear coat is only about the thickness of a post-it note, and you remove a little of that each time you polish.

Mike, next time apply the BG under the PS that way the BG will last longer.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I did put the glaze on before the sealant. I accidentally listed it out of order in my original post.

It sounds like I can do weekly maintenance washes and apply H20 Guard and Gloss or detail spray during the drying process and just do the daily driver detail a couple of times a year. 

Edited by Devil 'n the Detail

It sounds like I can do weekly maintenance washes and apply H20 Guard and Gloss or detail spray during the drying process and just do the daily driver detail a couple of times a year. 

Yep, weekly maintenance wash with DS, H2O G&G every month or so, and bi-annual detail with PS, and you will have a clean, smooth finish for years!