Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Boost, Sealant, Aerosol Glass Cleaner, and Blue and Green Glass Towels Review

After receiving my order of all the new, nifty glass products I was anxious to give it a shot on my '08 Corvette. The car doesn't see much rain, however I got caught in rain the other evening and am happy to post my thoughts on the aforementioned products.

First the Aerosol glass cleaner. I must have missed the fact that these are 19oz cans when I ordered them because when they arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the cans. One can should last just as long, if not longer than the 16oz spray bottle of the glass cleaner. Upon using it to clean the front and rear windows on the corvette I realized three things.

1) It foams quite well as soon as it hits the glass and didn't run like the regular glass cleaner.

2) Probably to be expected, the aerosol doesn't have the most pleasant scent (due to the actual aerosol chemicals)

3) It cleans heavy dirt and grime incredibly well!

That all being said, there is one negative that I noticed. It's easy to over-spray with the aerosol. When it hits the glass it "splatters" due to the force from being sprayed. I tried from various distances from the window without solving the issue. I may experiment with spraying this into a green glass cleaning towel first and see how well that works. This isn't a huge deal, just be sure to wipe up any over-spray.

I cleaned the glass with the aerosol cleaner and the green towels, clay barred the glass, and removed any residue with a blue glass towel. I had read a few reviews saying these blue glass towels were too "grabby" and the reviewer preferred the green towels. I will say that, on untreated glass, these blue towels are quite "grabby". They don't want to easily slide over the glass. However I see that as a good thing as it's fantastic at removing smudges and residue.

Once the glass was cleaned and clayed I proceeded to seal the glass. Using a grey microfiber applicator, it was incredibly simple to apply the glass sealant. I quickly sealed the front and rear windows one side at a time. Then, once cured, came back and buffed off the residue and quickly hit the side windows as well with the sealant. The glass felt a little bit smoother than untreated (even with the blue towel).

Next, I followed up with the glass boost. The glass boost sprays on in a very fine mist (which is great and easy to control). Using a fresh green towel I wiped down the glass boost and followed it up with a blue towel to remove any remaining residue and immediately noticed how much smoother and slicker the glass felt. The blue towel no longer grabbed the glass like it did when the glass was untreated. FYI removing any smudges or residue now required just a little more elbow grease.

Now onto the fun question... Does the sealant and boost actually work? In one simple word:

BRILLIANTLY

I unfortunately don't have a nifty video to prove it, but I was shocked by how easily liquid slides off the glass. I cleaned my windshield with the spray built into the wipers this morning while driving (wasn't going much faster than 45 mph) and all of the liquid beaded up instantly and ran off the windshield. When I came to a stop any liquid that was at the top of my driver's side window immediately ran completely down the side window. Without any wind, just simply from gravity. The front and side glass didn't even look like they were wet even after a thorough spraying of the windshield.

Overall I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed. The green glass towels are fantastic for every day cleaning and removing light smudges on the exterior of the car. The blue glass towels are perfect for interior glass and removing any stubborn residue or smudges. The Aerosol glass cleaner, while easy to over-spray, will have a place in my arsenal for heavy grime (although once sealed and maintained I wonder how much I'll use this over the regular glass spray). The glass sealant and glass boost are simply amazing and will become a staple for me. I'm excited to give every vehicle I own, and any other cars I detail, this treatment.

Loving the new glass products. The aerosol cleaner works fantastic and absolutely no streaking, and the boost is extremely easy to apply and remove. Glad they came out with the boost, love glass sealant but the small bottle can deplete rather quickly when using on 3 full sized vehicles and occasionally the glass shower doors. Curious how long the sealant will hold up if maintaining with boost every month or so, time will tell

How did your wipers act with the sealant/boost combo? I know some other sealants will make the wipers skip across rather than glide. I also realize most people don't use the wipers when you have the sealant but there's always a time when you have to use them. I haven't had any trouble with Adam's glass sealant but I am curious about how they react with the boost.

Thanks for the write-up, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the new glass products. The aerosol cleaner works fantastic and absolutely no streaking, and the boost is extremely easy to apply and remove. Glad they came out with the boost, love glass sealant but the small bottle can deplete rather quickly when using on 3 full sized vehicles and occasionally the glass shower doors. Curious how long the sealant will hold up if maintaining with boost every month or so, time will tell

I was wanting to use it on my shower glass doors too, but need to get off the hardwater/soap spots that are on it.  Do you have something that you recommend to remove that?  Will undiluted AP work or should it be diluted to not etch the glass?

Great review! I am thinking I need to make an investment in the glass supplies. I assume when you drive west with a low sun, the glass is crystal clear?

100% clear. It's honestly a huge pet peeve of mine to have dirty glass. I'm probably borderline OCD about having clean glass and I haven't had to touch the glass since I've treated it.

I was wanting to use it on my shower glass doors too, but need to get off the hardwater/soap spots that are on it.  Do you have something that you recommend to remove that?  Will undiluted AP work or should it be diluted to not etch the glass?

Good question, would like to know this also.

Good question, would like to know this also.

I was wanting to use it on my shower glass doors too, but need to get off the hardwater/soap spots that are on it. Do you have something that you recommend to remove that? Will undiluted AP work or should it be diluted to not etch the glass?

I'd likely use a typical bathroom cleaner. You may be able to use diluted wheel cleaner since you're removing mineral deposits aka the hard water spots but I'd be cautious as wheel cleaner is strong.

After using the bathroom cleaner, you can proceed to clay, clean and apply glass sealant.

Edited by SumBeach35

After using the bathroom cleaner, you can proceed to clay, clean and apply glass sealant.

You know you're an automotive enthusiast and detailing nut when you find yourself clay barring and sealing your glass shower door.

(disclaimer: If I had a glass shower door, I'd be doing this also)