Customer Service 866.965.0400

avimore

Question

I wanted to make a wheel shield to help keep the Tire Shine over-spray off my wheels seeing as I have low-profile tires.  I got inspiration from Dan (TheWolf), but I wanted to make something hands-free so it would be easier to apply Tire Shine.

I bought a thin sheet of rubber, measured and cut out the size of my wheel:

32737336192_ee4d4bc078.jpg

32890748465_4d78787b75.jpg

I got a rubber seal strip with a lip so it could wedge between the wheel and the tire:

32890744935_cf0c5c80ef.jpg

I cut out some triangle pieces so the rubber would bend and adhere easier around the edge of the circle:

32766890791_1937786f2e.jpg

I cut another piece of rubber to go under the tire and prevent any over-spray on the floor:

32766847481_cbfec13669.jpg

32890757145_8d452929cf.jpg

I'm very happy with the result, but even happier that I don't have to clean up the mess on the wheels left by over-spray!

32766844551_dfb491ce46.jpg

32766845501_323c93186a.jpg

Edited by avimore

15 answers to this question

I saw something on Facebook where a guy put some Tire Shine in a cheap paint gun and sprayed it on that way. This would work great along side a setup like that.

I was thinking that last time I used the tire shine. The nozzle the bottle comes with doesn't really atomize/mist the product. With a spray gun you can adjust the fan size. Might have to try it! lol

Very nice idea, and great write up!  :2thumbs:

Taking it to the next level! Nicely done!

I love this, thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

I saw something on Facebook where a guy put some Tire Shine in a cheap paint gun and sprayed it on that way. This would work great along side a setup like that.

That's an interesting alternative seeing as the Tire Shine sprayer doesn't really mist that well.

Put a 2x10 under the tire to get that bottom section.

Just checked out the link posted... such a great and simple idea.

Edited by avimore