Customer Service 866.965.0400

When/how to use new waterless wash

RBC08

Question

I used the two bucket method to wash my new car two days ago, and today there is a noticeable amount of dust (or little particles of dirt?) on the roof and hood. I live in Florida, and it's been fairly warm but hasn't rained since I washed. I purchased Adam's New Waterless Wash, but after reading some stuff online, I'm hesitant to use it because my car is black. I'm also unsure whether it might be too dirty to use the Waterless Wash. I know that it will be impossible to keep a black car looking spotless, especially if it's parked outside (like mine is), but is it fine to use the Waterless Wash almost daily between weekly/bi-weekly washings? How much dirt/dust is too much for waterless washing? 

9 answers to this question

This is actually something I've been wondering too...I got the waterless wash in a mystery box and it's just been sitting there; partially because it's winter but also because when the car is dirty I just do a full 2 bucket wash...it might be good to add another Adam's Polishes liquid to the arsenal that I actually know how to use :huh:

I used the two bucket method to wash my new car two days ago, and today there is a noticeable amount of dust (or little particles of dirt?) on the roof and hood. I live in Florida, and it's been fairly warm but hasn't rained since I washed. I purchased Adam's New Waterless Wash, but after reading some stuff online, I'm hesitant to use it because my car is black. I'm also unsure whether it might be too dirty to use the Waterless Wash. I know that it will be impossible to keep a black car looking spotless, especially if it's parked outside (like mine is), but is it fine to use the Waterless Wash almost daily between weekly/bi-weekly washings? How much dirt/dust is too much for waterless washing?

I have a black truck I use the two bucket method when needed. In between washes I made a waterless wash spray that I have using the waterless solution and distilled water. So when my truck gets dirty which is daily, I spray a panel at a time with a fine mist and then wipe clean with a Adams double soft towel. You can also use the Adams quick detailer to do the same with the wipe downs. I don't like to skip days and let dirt accumulate so I can avoid scratching as much as possible. I also do the bottom part of the truck at the very end because that's the dirtiest part of the truck.

It is safe to use if you use it right. The method is to fold one of Adams towels in fourths, so you have 4 surfaces on each side of the towel. Then spray some on a panel, wipe in a straight line, and repeat until towel starts to get dirty, then use a new part of the towel. When you are done with the panel, buff off the residue with one of Adams towels.

As the others have said, the Waterless Wash is fine for removing the pollen we currently have in the air, or dust, but you have to make sure to monitor the towel, change to a clean side often, and it could take several towels to complete the wash.

My 2005 black GTO to date has only been washed with water 4 times.......after every drive I wipe her down with WW or DS, depending on how dirty.

WW used with WW MF towel is super safe.

attachicon.gif20130820_152533997_iOS.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1978.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1985.JPG

Hi Chris, I have to get my hands on the detail spray bottle you're holding out on lol

My 2005 black GTO to date has only been washed with water 4 times.......after every drive I wipe her down with WW or DS, depending on how dirty.

attachicon.gif20130820_152533997_iOS.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1978.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1985.JPG

I haven't washed my corvette for over 4 years with water. Been using Adams great waterless wash. The key is not to let your pride & joy get beat up with dirt. Constant routine is Adams Detail spray and waterless wash when it needs that extra cleaning.

I think this year its time to use the two bucket method and start using my Adams car wash. Been using it on my other vehicles.

Works great in and out of the sun.

Adams car care products are "Second to none"

The best of the best.

Chris...so did that mean you use the waterless and the QD for lighter jobs, or vice versa?  I'm trying to learn how I'm going to work waterless into my detailing.

Chris...so did that mean you use the waterless and the QD for lighter jobs, or vice versa? I'm trying to learn how I'm going to work waterless into my detailing.

When I get dust and dirt from driving I use WW, when I get dust from setting in the garage I use DS.

Hope this helps.