Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim Coating On Less-Common Materials

zw470

Question

I'm looking for input on the use of Trim Coating on some pieces of my Mustang that aren't the usual rubber or textured plastic trim pieces.  Right now I use SVRT on these pieces with great results, but I want the extended longevity of the Trim Coating.

The first items are my Cervinis upper/lower grilles & chin spoiler.  These are actually fiberglass that Cervinis paints with a matte black paint that's got a pretty significant texture to it.  Kinda hard to tell that in the pic but I like a good excuse to show them off.

AB99D4A9-C31F-4B32-AA79-3B18BEB43676_zps

Here's one where the chin spoiler has SVRT on it, you can see how nice it looks on the material in question.

9FEEAE8A-1911-4F97-BFDB-25F78EB5F100_zps

Contestant number 2 is my exhaust tips.  Magnaflow refers to the finish as "black coated" and they have a good semi-gloss look to them (powdercoat I assume) that looks really great with SVRT as well.  Ignore the mullet-machine in the background, it's not mine.

20150724_130609_zpsbbpwfl48.jpg20150724_130620_zpsx9jmz2nd.jpg

Any thoughts?

6 answers to this question

I have never tried using the trim coating, but I would keep using the VRT.

I see you switched wheels in between pictures haha.

And added or deleted the stripes.

I wouldn't think SVRT would hold up to the heat on the exhaust, but I'd agree the wheel coating is described to resist the heat a bit better than the paint coating.

I see you switched wheels in between pictures haha.

And added or deleted the stripes.

I wouldn't think SVRT would hold up to the heat on the exhaust, but I'd agree the wheel coating is described to resist the heat a bit better than the paint coating.

Pics are in reverse chronological order.  The first one was right after I installed the GT500 grilles, the next one was right after I installed the stripes, and the last 2 were shortly after I bought it and did the first round of exterior mods.  Wheels got changed somewhere in between LOL.

I've never had an issue with the heat on the tips effected the SVRT, the car always ended up getting dirty and needed washed before anything could happen.

Edited by zw470