Customer Service 866.965.0400

Few detailing questions on steps

duke4165

Question

I feel I have a pretty decent idea of the proper detailing steps. Two weeks ago I did a full paint correction on my car, Strip Wash, Clay, Correcting, Finishing, Sealant, and Wax. So dealing with maintenace washes after this, Im using car shampoo or other PH balanced soaps. How long will the wax last with a weekly mainence wash? I always treat my car with an unamed quicksealant/ deatil spray, is this something I need to do or is this step unnecessary? I might just be overthinking it with my OCD but help ease my mind haha

6 answers to this question

You can never give a date on how long wax or sealant will last because there are too many variables. I don't know what wax you are using but I would say that ten paint sealant lasts about 6 months, the buttery wax lasts about 1 month, and the H20 G&G will last about 3 months, sorry I have not tried the others so I am not sure.

I would use detail spray because it is a wax booster.

I would use H20 Guard and Gloss because it extends the left of sealant and is a good top off.

Not to hijack your thread, but in the interest of not starting another thread. If I'm already going to Clay then LPS is there any benefit to waxing under the LPS or not really? (I also plan to do H20 G&g on the next wash)

Edited by Eric

Not to hijack your thread, but in the interest of not starting another thread. If I'm already going to Clay then LPS is there any benefit to waxing under the LPS or not really? (I also plan to do H20 G&g on the next wash)

There is no benefit to wax under the sealant. You want the sealant to bond to the surface, so that should be your base layer. Wax is a last step product (LSP). That's your top layer and the first one to wear off. The sealant should last six months approximately (plus or minus based on many factors). I'd top with wax every month or two depending on what you're using for wax.

If you're sealed and waxed, you can do occasional Guard & Gloss. There's not a big need to do it too often.

There is no benefit to wax under the sealant. You want the sealant to bond to the surface, so that should be your base layer. Wax is a last step product (LSP). That's your top layer and the first one to wear off. The sealant should last six months approximately (plus or minus based on many factors). I'd top with wax every month or two depending on what you're using for wax.

If you're sealed and waxed, you can do occasional Guard & Gloss. There's not a big need to do it too often.

Will applying a quick sealant/ detail spray after every wash clog up the paint? I applied a sealant and wax, just feel naked doing my maintenance wash and not putting something on after