Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Truck - Simonize

markk96

Question

I bought a new 2016 GMC Canyon and the dealer had already applied Simonize to it.  I have not driven it much and recovering from knee surgery.   Should I use the Adams Strip Wash on it and coat it with the paint sealer and H20?  It is a daily driver and outside 100% of the time.

Thanks

Mark

4 answers to this question

I bought a new 2016 GMC Canyon and the dealer had already applied Simonize to it.  I have not driven it much and recovering from knee surgery.   Should I use the Adams Strip Wash on it and coat it with the paint sealer and H20?  It is a daily driver and outside 100% of the time.

Thanks

Mark

How's the paint itself...are you planning to do a correction or are you just looking for some protection...

I would wait 30 days try to keep it in a garage or in shelter maybe? If it needs polishing I would do that, then I would use paint sealant, and if you want you can maintain with H20 G&G.

Which Simoniz product was applied? I know they make washes and waxes and I believe they make a glass coat? The glass coat would most likely need to be polished off. It does have a reputation for not being that solid of a coating from my understanding.

If it's wax/sealant, strip wash will get it off.