Customer Service 866.965.0400

The ultimate test of Odor Neutralizer

RacerX

Background: My family is dealing with cleaning out a house that a combination squatter and hoarder was in.  Every time we would go to the house, there was a nasty smell in the stairwell near the entrance.  We could never figure out where it was coming from, and it would mostly dissipate 10 minutes after we opened the doors and windows.

After 2 months of clearing and cleaning, one day I was in the basement and thought to myself, "It seems like the smell is stronger right in this area."  I knelt down and was 100% sure the smell was coming right from a pile of blankets and a large box on the floor.  I picked up the box to carry it outside.  I made the mistake of tilting it to see what the text on the side said.  Just as I read the words "CASE OF SMELT" the liquid began pouring out of the box, onto my jeans and boots.  I heard the people one story above me gagging as I was running for the door with the box to throw it outside.  The cause of that smell was essentially a liquified rotting corpse.

I was 250 miles from home and didn't have spare pair of jeans or boots.  I used an entire can of Lysol, a bottle of Febreze and some liquid disinfectant on both.  Even after all that the smell was still bad, but was bearable enough for the 4 hour drive home.

As soon as I got home I threw out the jeans but was determined I was not about to throw out my new (Made in USA, important to Adams fans!) Thorogood boots.  It took 3 separate spray-downs over a 2 day period, but Adams Odor Neutralizer did the trick - the smell is completely gone.  A smell that those other 3 products barely put a dent in.

So, thanks Adams...  a $17 bottle of Odor Neutralizer saved me $135 that a new pair of boots would have cost.

Edited by RacerX

Maybe take a GALLON of it back to the house! Man, I can't even imagine how bad that reeked. :wacko:

Too bad they haven't made it in gallon size yet to many people's dismay...

But for real OP, that sounds awful.

I wonder if Odor Neutralizer would make cleaning our ship's MSD (s**t tank) any more bearable lol...

Edited by Mariner

Man that sounds awful, but I am glad at ON saved the boots, that stuff is amazing. I am hoping since Adams listened to the many request of the Gallon of Red CWS they will do the same for a gallon of ON! That would be amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad they haven't made it in gallon size yet to many people's dismay...

But for real OP, that sounds awful.

I wonder if Odor Neutralizer would make cleaning our ship's MSD (s**t tank) any more bearable lol...

Man that sounds awful, but I am glad at ON saved the boots, that stuff is amazing. I am hoping since Adams listened to the many request of the Gallon of Red CWS they will do the same for a gallon of ON! That would be amazing. 

Gallons are being worked on I believe, last I was told. I'll talk to Ben-jammin' tomorrow and see if there are any updates on this. The problem is getting it down to a reasonable gallon price, just like Leather Conditioner, polishes, Ceramic Boost, etc that are more expensive chemicals... 

Wow, I know it will knock out cigarettes and garbage can odor, but you put it the ultimate test. Glad you were able to save the boots, they are good and made in USA ( have a pair on right now myself)