Customer Service 866.965.0400

The new red and black tire brush

buffalobob920

Question

Has anybody had trouble with Adams new red and black tire brush I went thru two in the last four months the bristles come off and the brush gets matted down and I'm not the hulk I just use enough pressure to scrub the tire

I liked the blue brush better I was wondering if they have any in stock I hate to go to another dealer for a good stiff brush

23 answers to this question

I had about a dozen or so bristles fall out on arrival (took pics, just in case it happened more over the long term), but no real issue since in using it half a dozen times or so...only lost a handful of so, and no matting. Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure a quick call to customer service will take care of the issue.

I like the old blue one better to me they last longer and the black bristles seem to curl up just a little odd

Thanks for the feedback

Unfortunately I got in to detailing after they released their new tire brush so I never tried the blue one!

I too have had some bristle come out and a few curl, but not enough to make it unusable, you would hardly notice a difference from a new brush.

Could this come down to your storage method? Are you storing it wet? Bristles down? Other items piled on top down in a bucket?( last one is kinda my method)

I too have had some bristle come out and a few curl, but not enough to make it unusable, you would hardly notice a difference from a new brush.

Could this come down to your storage method? Are you storing it wet? Bristles down? Other items piled on top down in a bucket?( last one is kinda my method)

hi this is how I take care of my br brushes

First rinse them out with water

Then shake out the excess water

Dry them off then hang them up on my peg board with all of the other brushes

post-14028-0-77778600-1492011592_thumb.jpg

post-14028-0-50689900-1492011604_thumb.jpg

post-14028-0-48343100-1492011623_thumb.jpg

post-14028-0-24031600-1492011638_thumb.jpg

Fi

hi this is how I take care of my br brushes

First rinse them out with water

Then shake out the excess water

Dry them off then hang them up on my peg board with all of the other brushes

First of all don't know why the pics are sideways but the bottom one is the one that's matted down as you can see I have a pretty big selection of products brushes I just like the blue brush better wish they would come back to that this is my second one in less than 4months to me they don't last long

Funny you said that spoke to Dan and the newer style is coming out with shorter bristles instead of 3" they cut them shorter by haif so the bristles are stiffer

Awesome lol. Shorter and stiffer means they won't be overlapping touch the wheel face.

When I reviewed the brush right after it first came out, I suggested shorter bristles, mainly for physics sake. I'm glad to hear they listened.

How does the fender brush work on tires? I've been thinking of getting it.

How does the fender brush work on tires? I've been thinking of getting it.

I tried the fender brush on tires a while back, and like suggested, it was awkward. Also, I didn't like how the soft bristles felt against the tire. I really think the bristles on the red/black brush are the perfect texture... just need to be about half the length