Customer Service 866.965.0400

New blue wheel cleaner not as good as the old pink stuff?

Bansheeboy11

Question

So like most everyone else on here, ive had to switch to the new blue wheel cleaner. I had a lot of the pink gallons so i used those up and switched to blue towards the end of last year, since doing so my wheels have now been developing deposits of brake dust inside the barrels from rotor evacuation and in the corners of the spokes from rotation. Granted i run aggressive pads on track that dust heavily, ive never had this issue with the pink stuff and now i cant get it off of the wheels. Ive let it soak in the corners and gone at it with brushes, tooth brushes etc. 

The before picture is average dust coverage, the after picture is after a full cleaning with scrubbing in the corners and barrels.

Any ideas?

Before:

qQ14ydV.jpg?1

After:

z7gX8Qp.jpg?1

9 answers to this question

Those are some nasty rims, sometimes more than 1 application is needed to get that baked in buildup removed. Instead of wasting more product just apply where needed, I've even used a wet mf towel or q tip soaked in WC and just let it dwell. IMHO the red WC seemed to work faster and the new blue WC seems to have more dwell time before drying, I've not really seen a difference in cleaving ability

I like the blue one better.The pink one smelled horrible and it always stained my tires. The pink one was a deep wheel cleaner so maybe it was a little stronger. I use the wheel woolie and the turbo stick and they work well.  Might want to try the wheel brush.

if this is any indication of the strength, you had to dilute the pink wheel cleaner 1:1 to use it as a decontaminator.  you can use the blue at full strength

i love adam's stuff, but sometimes (like the shampoo) a product "evolution" is not always better