Customer Service 866.965.0400

Towel Cleaning

SS LeadFoot

Question

19 answers to this question

I use All Free & Clear, but it's a matter of time before I switch to microfiber revitalizer.

i use the same for less contaminated towels as it is dye free and run an extra rinse cycle...I believe it does a good job

for soiled towels I'll use MF revitalizer

i use the same for less contaminated towels as it is dye free and run an extra rinse cycle...I believe it does a good job

for soiled towels I'll use MF revitalizer

This is my exact approach as well.  Been very pleased with the results to date.

These premium detailing towels are too expensive to risk ruining them with regular laundry detergent.

I would recommend only using Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener without any other detergents.  MFR&B is a strong detergent designed specifically for removing waxes, polymers, polishes, and oils commonly associated with detailing.  Regular laundry detergent is not strong enough to remove many of the detailing products from towels, especially the sealants.  Delicate or baby detergents are even weaker than regular detergent, so they are not going to clean out all the detailing products.  While the towels may "look" clean after using regular or delicate detergent, this incomplete cleaning can lead to build-up deep in the fibers of the towel, making them less effective and eventually ruining them.

While some might use other detergents to save a little money, if you buy the MFR&B in the gallon, with a sale discount, the amount of product used for one load is less than a buck, not much compared to the cost of these premium towels.

:iagree: IF you attempt to skimp on the proper cleaner or towel cleaning processes, you will eventually be spending more money to replace towels due to errors made on your part, and nothing to do with the quality of the Adam's towels....................

towels are one of the most IMPORTANT tools in your detailing arsenal, and should be treated as such

While some might use other detergents to save a little money, if you buy the MFR&B in the gallon, with a sale discount, the amount of product used for one load is less than a buck, not much compared to the cost of these premium towels.

They are really under 1/2 a dollar for 2 oz but sometimes you only need one and that's under a quarter.

They are really under 1/2 a dollar for 2 oz but sometimes you only need one and that's under a quarter.

1/2 a dollar?! Wait, that's.........50 cents. Right?! "1/2 a dollar." Ha. That's just funny. What are they teaching kids these days?! :lolsmack:

P.S. Yes, I realize this is another age joke, Nathan. Sorry. You're just such a good sport. :)

Edited by falcaineer

1/2 a dollar?! Wait, that's.........50 cents. Right?! "1/2 a dollar." Ha. That's just funny. What are they teaching kids these days?! :lolsmack:

P.S. Yes, I realize this is another age joke, Nathan. Sorry. You're just such a good sport. :)

lol that's right :lol: what am I thinking! I guess it's because I HATE coins. I don't know how some countries manage to use it instead of dollars.

Rich, what is your approach and reasoning for adding the Tide? 

I just find that my towels come cleaner with that second wash with the Tide.  It could be my imagination, but I figure if there was any residue left in the towels that the Tide gets it out.  Anal?  Yeah, my wife tells me that all the time. 

I just find that my towels come cleaner with that second wash with the Tide.  It could be my imagination, but I figure if there was any residue left in the towels that the Tide gets it out.  Anal?  Yeah, my wife tells me that all the time. 

Oh, so you do a wash with Microfiber Revitalizer and then a second wash with Tide?