Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paint Sealant

Erictski

Question

Not a lot of discussion on this product.

Looking for someone in the know to give the major improvements over the outgoing formula.

Still awaiting the new video on the sales site.

Anyone gotten it and used it yet?

My order is messed up as well. I order 3 Microfiber cutting pads and they sent foam, also ordered the new paint Sealant. They sent the old.. Already called and got it straightened out. The fix to my problem is why I continue to do 99% of my business with Adams. Their customer service can't and won't be beat.

Edited by Ls1transam

I bought the new sealant also, just to get the licorice smell out of my garage. Sadly, the team at Adams accidentally put a new sticker on the older licorice sealant so I received the old stuff. Oh well, it's still great stuff.

Ha, quoted myself. That's a first. Just want to say thanks to the Adams team for getting me the new sealant without any hassle. Great customer service. Because of their mistake I will post the old sealant bottle on the pay it forward thread and pass on the old stuff.

So do you down a strip wash every 6 months or so and reapply? I applied the old LPS about 6 months ago and am curious is that is what I should do.

Yep, do a strip wash before a detailing session with clay, polish, sealant, etc. You'll want a naked surface to work with before those steps, including before reaplying sealant.

Yep, do a strip wash before a detailing session with clay, polish, sealant, etc. You'll want a naked surface to work with before those steps, including before reaplying sealant.

Or add 1-2 oz of APC to your Car Shampo, and don't let strip wash dry on the finish!

Or add 1-2 oz of APC to your Car Shampo, and don't let strip wash dry on the finish!

It is interesting you say don't let strip wash dry on the finish, because I could have sworn Adam said it was safe to let it dry on the finish. Not that I am aiming for that but I feel like sometimes you can't help but let it dry a little. 

It is interesting you say don't let strip wash dry on the finish, because I could have sworn Adam said it was safe to let it dry on the finish. Not that I am aiming for that but I feel like sometimes you can't help but let it dry a little.

Was talking to Dan about it and he said to not let it dry on the finish, especially glass because it is a pain to get off.

But normal Car Shampoo is fine to let dry on the finish and so is wash & wax.

I used it for the first ti me today. I did a strip wash, clay bar, polish, wiped down with alcohol, then applied the sealant with my flex and gray pad. I had a really hard time getting the sealant off and it didn't spread very easily with the polisher. Might try applying it by hand next time.

I used it for the first ti me today. I did a strip wash, clay bar, polish, wiped down with alcohol, then applied the sealant with my flex and gray pad. I had a really hard time getting the sealant off and it didn't spread very easily with the polisher. Might try applying it by hand next time.

Really? Spray a shot of DS over the hard to get off sealant and it will come off easy!

I tried detailing spray but it just streaked like crazy. I tried spraying it on the paint and then just misting a towel. Both ways streaked really bad.

I tried detailing spray but it just streaked like crazy. I tried spraying it on the paint and then just misting a towel. Both ways streaked really bad.

Really? I don't know what you are doing wrong...to be honest I've never had any problems with the paint sealant, and if it was a little hard I just apply more pressure or spray only one shot of detail spray then buff, of course you need to buff with a dry towel after.

Edited by Nathan

I think I might try doing it by hand next time. I wasn't having very good luck getting it to spread with my flex. It almost seamed like it didn't really coat the paint as much as it smeared. I used setting 2 on it but it looked like I had it turned too fast and was almost like it was baking it on. It was just really dried on when I tried taking it off. It was in the garage not in the sun.

What kind of car do you have and how much was left in the bottle?

I did a ram 1500 and have about 3/4 left.   I actually did the whole truck with a swirl killer then buffed it out. pretty easy to buff off. 

Edited by camp316

I think I might try doing it by hand next time. I wasn't having very good luck getting it to spread with my flex. It almost seamed like it didn't really coat the paint as much as it smeared. I used setting 2 on it but it looked like I had it turned too fast and was almost like it was baking it on. It was just really dried on when I tried taking it off. It was in the garage not in the sun.

I do it on setting 4, a thing less you get some vibration on the machine and it won't spread as easy.

What kind of car do you have and how much was left in the bottle?

I did a ram 1500 and have about 3/4 left.   I actually did the whole truck with a swirl killer then buffed it out. pretty easy to buff off. 

I did my wife's escape with it. I used 1/4 of the bottle at the most.

I do it on setting 4, a thing less you get some vibration on the machine and it won't spread as easy.

It seemed to spread better for me on setting 2 than 3. I felt like it spread better once the pad was saturated in the sealant. How long do you let it sit on the vehicle before you wipe it off? I applied it then dressed the tires and cleaned the glass before I removed it. It sat on the paint for about 45 minutes after i was done. It was in the garage and it was about 75 degrees out.

I did my wife's escape with it. I used 1/4 of the bottle at the most.

It seemed to spread better for me on setting 2 than 3. I felt like it spread better once the pad was saturated in the sealant. How long do you let it sit on the vehicle before you wipe it off? I applied it then dressed the tires and cleaned the glass before I removed it. It sat on the paint for about 45 minutes after i was done. It was in the garage and it was about 75 degrees out.

That's your problem!! 45 minutes! The heat could also play a factor, I would do seal the car in the shade next time as well

With the last couple re formulations of the paint sealant you only need to wait until it hazes up, so a few minutes, then you buff off. No wonder why you were having so many problems!

Edited by Nathan