Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paint Sealant

Erictski

Question

Not a lot of discussion on this product.

Looking for someone in the know to give the major improvements over the outgoing formula.

Still awaiting the new video on the sales site.

Anyone gotten it and used it yet?

I've left paint sealant on for over 2 hours and never had an issue wiping it off. I thought it was recommended to leave it on for an hour to allow a proper bond with the paintwork, even though it says you can wipe it off after a couple of minutes.

that was applying by hand, not with a machine, car was parking in the shade on a warm day (25 degrees celcius, so maybe 75 F)

I've left paint sealant on for over 2 hours and never had an issue wiping it off. I thought it was recommended to leave it on for an hour to allow a proper bond with the paintwork, even though it says you can wipe it off after a couple of minutes.

that was applying by hand, not with a machine, car was parking in the shade on a warm day (25 degrees celcius, so maybe 75 F)

2 hours? With the original formula, I've let that stuff sit overnight... wiped off easily. 

2 hours? With the original formula, I've let that stuff sit overnight... wiped off easily. 

It was on my partners car and she had to drive that afternoon, otherwise I would have loved to have left it on overnight to really bond to the paint before wiping it off. Had no issues though, came straight off with ease. 

We haven't got the new formula here in Aus to try yet, but I can't imagine it would be any harder to wipe off. 

That's your problem!! 45 minutes! The heat could also play a factor, I would do seal the car in the shade next time as well

With the last couple re formulations of the paint sealant you only need to wait until it hazes up, so a few minutes, then you buff off. No wonder why you were having so many problems!

I was in the shade. I was parked in the garage with the door closed. I used to leave the old sealant on over night and not have any problems.

I was in the shade. I was parked in the garage with the door closed. I used to leave the old sealant on over night and not have any problems.

Ok, I would not wait so long to take it off. The new formula only takes a few minutes. I don't think leaving it on overnight will make it better.

It was on my partners car and she had to drive that afternoon, otherwise I would have loved to have left it on overnight to really bond to the paint before wiping it off. Had no issues though, came straight off with ease. 

We haven't got the new formula here in Aus to try yet, but I can't imagine it would be any harder to wipe off. 

It's on its way. Damn carrier pigeons!

There is always a delay from US release to AU due to shipping times and popularity of some items. We're onto it along with out of stock items and some new product releases.

It's on its way. Damn carrier pigeons!

There is always a delay from US release to AU due to shipping times and popularity of some items. We're onto it along with out of stock items and some new product releases.

Always good to know! I have a spare bottle of Paint Sealant here (2 bottles total, MB keep me stocked up  :) ) but will be grabbing a new formula bottle when they are available!