Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey all,

Is it normal to have 8 day shipping on the free shipping option for orders over a certain amount of $? From the day i placed my last order to my expected delivery date is 13 days. Just curious if this is the norm to expect. 

The FedEx Smart Post does suck. But on bigger orders they do Home Delivery as free shipping instead of smart post. Usually the estimated dates are farther from when they arrive. For example, I have an order coming tomorrow and the estimate was Saturday. If you want more accurate dates look at the FedEx site, not Adams tracking site.

Edited by Nathan

Hey all,

Is it normal to have 8 day shipping on the free shipping option for orders over a certain amount of $? From the day i placed my last order to my expected delivery date is 13 days. Just curious if this is the norm to expect. 

I was in contact with Team Adams today, they have hundreds of orders to go out, so it may take a couple days.  They are just super busy.  You figure between the sale, and the weather getting warm in half of the US, they need a little breather.  :thumbsup:

While I understand adams is busy shipping out a lot of orders during sales, I still dislike how long FedEx takes to move a package from one place to another. Packages can sit for uip to a day at the same location and their routes are the most indirect, non linear I have ever seen. Why go from Mideast Illinois, to Indianapolis, to Chicago....theyre very inefficient compared to UPS. I ever have some fed ex packages come from Tennessee to Wisconsin then back to the Chicago land region. Bafoons they are.

Yep. And you can find just as many posts on the internet that say "UPS sucks! Use FedEx!"

I think it's pretty amazing that I can order several quality products from a great company and have it delivered to my door without ever having to get off the couch or talk to a soul and not pay a dime for shipping even though the package may weigh dozens of lbs and come completely across the country in bad weather and all I have to do is plan ahead a bit to make sure I give it enough time to arrive before I need it.

But I'm funny that way.

Both UPS and FedEx ground can go coast to coast in 5 days. Anything over that (excluding weekends) is just ridiculous. But that fault lies with the shipping companies and not Adams. Both smartpost and surepost I'm sure were invented to be able to charge more for delivery costs, since that's the "premium" difference in services. However, some of us don't have the luxury of waiting those extra 2-3 days for USPS to get around to delivering the package that either FedEx or UPS ground could have delivered days before (SINCE THEY'RE ON THE ROUTE ANYWAYS). Essentially, I believe it boils down to laziness and the monetary greed to charge that much more for delivery. Again, this rant is not really charged to Adams, merely to shipping companies for developing a monopoly allowing them to charge whatever they want.

Yep. And you can find just as many posts on the internet that say "UPS sucks! Use FedEx!"

I think it's pretty amazing that I can order several quality products from a great company and have it delivered to my door without ever having to get off the couch or talk to a soul and not pay a dime for shipping even though the package may weigh dozens of lbs and come completely across the country in bad weather and all I have to do is plan ahead a bit to make sure I give it enough time to arrive before I need it.

But I'm funny that way.

Roger, you're living dangerously making an upbeat post in this thread with that positive attitude of yours!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this has been a concern for many the past few weeks. AVOID FEDEX SMART POST AT ALL COST. (unless you want to save 4$, have you items shipped hundreds of miles PAST your destination, and add an extra week of shipping time). Never again paying for FedEx smart post

i will tell you this--every time i've been to Adam's place in Louisville, those guys are moving!   There's always a fedex truck backed up to the loading dock that goes out every night.  

as an aside, i had some stuff come from the east coast this week and had a delay (via UPS). 

Both UPS and FedEx ground can go coast to coast in 5 days. Anything over that (excluding weekends) is just ridiculous. But that fault lies with the shipping companies and not Adams. Both smartpost and surepost I'm sure were invented to be able to charge more for delivery costs, since that's the "premium" difference in services. However, some of us don't have the luxury of waiting those extra 2-3 days for USPS to get around to delivering the package that either FedEx or UPS ground could have delivered days before (SINCE THEY'RE ON THE ROUTE ANYWAYS). Essentially, I believe it boils down to laziness and the monetary greed to charge that much more for delivery. Again, this rant is not really charged to Adams, merely to shipping companies for developing a monopoly allowing them to charge whatever they want.

Not sure why you think they charge more for those delivery services when it is the bottom of the barrel and actually the cheapest.  Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.  

Not sure why you think they charge more for those delivery services when it is the bottom of the barrel and actually the cheapest.  Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.  

I meant it allowed them to charge more for standard ground or home delivery, by having that option to dump it off with USPS. But for the record I'm over my shipping rants lol. Nothing will ever change so I'm over it.

I meant it allowed them to charge more for standard ground or home delivery, by having that option to dump it off with USPS. But for the record I'm over my shipping rants lol. Nothing will ever change so I'm over it.

It is actually an option that customers have wanted and allows them to get the cheapest shipping possible by passing it to the post office.  It is cheaper than regular ground shipping.  The customer shipping the package decides whether to ship something sure post or smart post, FedEx or UPS doesn't decide that.  The idea is that the post office is already going to your house or street already every day, where as FedEx or UPS may not.  Thus making the trip to deliver a ground package on a street for one package cost more for both FedEx and UPS, which is why it is passed to the post office being they are going there everyday already.  And it is only done so if it is marked by the shipper as a smart post or sure post package.  And without going into details, technology allows them recognize when there may be multiple sure post or smart post packages going to a street on any given day and those packages may not even get delivered by the post office and are left for FedEx or UPS to deliver.  

Edited by LFairbanks

Hi yall, just checking to see if anybody ever had a shipment 'destroyed' while in transit. Im going through this right now with about a $100 order. Adam's is awesome, Dan has been great and is taking care of me. Just wondering if anybody has dealt with this. It had a few odds and ends in it and 2, 1gallon products. Not Adam's fault at all, just FED EX. I always have bad luck

Ironically i ordered from the last sale and chose the $5.50 FedEx Smart Post (5-10 days), my package shipped on the 9th and its arriving today. I must have caught the truck rotation just right. But hey, im not arguing with 2 day shipping haha. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...